Figo TDCi - Low FE. Need Suggestions.

Yes they do.There won't be drastic changes but the 1-2 kmpl rise due to change in driving condition + another 1-2 kmpl due to altitude change and change in fuel quality will bring you to the 5kmpl change you see.

I don't know why everyone says that the FE reduces after 40k kms.But if so, you could try using a thicker grade oil as permitted in your user manual.See if that helps.Also try to get the injectors cleaned.There is a Bosch service station in Bangalore that does this.Also change your fuel filter.

Thread Starter #17
Yes they do.There won't be drastic changes but the 1-2 kmpl rise due to change in driving condition + another 1-2 kmpl due to altitude change and change in fuel quality will bring you to the 5kmpl change you see.

I don't know why everyone says that the FE reduces after 40k kms.But if so, you could try using a thicker grade oil as permitted in your user manual.See if that helps.Also try to get the injectors cleaned.There is a Bosch service station in Bangalore that does this.Also change your fuel filter.
Yes. My point is the same as well. The FE should vary with the driving conditions, but it's not in my case as I explained in my earlier posts. It's remaining to be the same 12 - 13 range, with whatsoever is changed.

Air Filter is changed @ 40K service and it's also cleaned again once in 41K and it's now clocked 42K. Fuel Filter is changed during the same service as well. Tyres are brand new and have clocked just 3K KMs.

Thread Starter #18
Update: The Service Manager in Elite Ford seemed to have received some additional parameters from Ford India to be checked for this issue. He said, he will go thru the same and give me a call sometime today. Let's wait and watch.

I also suffered same problem with Vento.She used to give 12-13 Km/l,then increased to 14-15 Km/l and again started giving 12-13 Km/l.That too in Hyderabad traffic.But,I got 18 Km/l in last highway trip,which was a month ago.Since many days,I m observing 14 to 15 Km/l.I guess tuning box or Engine remap does the trick for Figo.Best of luck Subbu.

Thread Starter #20
Update: The Service Manager in Elite Ford seemed to have received some additional parameters from Ford India to be checked for this issue. He said, he will go thru the same and give me a call sometime today. Let's wait and watch.
Additional parameters are nothing but to do the Mileage Test in the same age old method [frustration]. Got to do it again, now with Elite Ford.

When I asked the Service Manger about the expected FE for this drive, he said, about 17 - 18. I denied saying it's more than a conservative figure because, with that kind of a drive, TDCi should easily achieve 20+. If you are going to get settled with 17-18, let's not even do it, no point in spending time, money & efforts of both.

He then agreed to that point and said, he checked with fellow dealership (Kairali Ford) and understood that most of the cars resulted with 20+ and some with even 25. I am kind of convinced, if we result so. Probably will do it tomorrow and keep you all updated.

@Figoian

Test conditions and test results on a paper under those conditions differ from the on road regular conditions simple test. So if I am in your place I will not take those results shown by the dealer as final, I just take them as a reference and we should be able to see the FE in our own methods without relaying on MFD display like tank full to tank full method. Anyway let us see what they show you

Thread Starter #22
@Figoian

Test conditions and test results on a paper under those conditions differ from the on road regular conditions simple test. So if I am in your place I will not take those results shown by the dealer as final, I just take them as a reference and we should be able to see the FE in our own methods without relaying on MFD display like tank full to tank full method. Anyway let us see what they show you
RK - The Mileage Test is nothing but, Tank Full to Tank Full with about 70 - 80 KMs drive in a speed of 60 - 70. Metro Ford had earlier done this when I reported on Low FE and resulted with 18. However, I wasn't convinced with that figure as it's not optimum for that kind of a drive, whereas it was mostly a Sedate Highway Drive.

That's why I didn't agree when Elite Ford said the expected FE to be 17 - 18 for this drive, which is way too conservative and nothing more than for them to win the point.

Let's see what it results tomorrow.

Which route are you going to follow? I would suggest you to take the route which you follow every day.

Please do 2 cycles -

1. Usual office route and back(if possible)

Top up

2. Highway drive (e.g. on Old Madras Road upto Hoskote)

Top up

Then note the results.

Thread Starter #24
RK - The Mileage Test is nothing but, Tank Full to Tank Full with about 70 - 80 KMs drive in a speed of 60 - 70. Metro Ford had earlier done this when I reported on Low FE and resulted with 18. However, I wasn't convinced with that figure as it's not optimum for that kind of a drive, whereas it was mostly a Sedate Highway Drive.

That's why I didn't agree when Elite Ford said the expected FE to be 17 - 18 for this drive, which is way too conservative and nothing more than for them to win the point.

Let's see what it results tomorrow.
Update: Just back from the Mileage Test and it resulted 16.57 for a 50/50 City & Highway Drive. We drove for 58 KMs and it drank 3.5 Lts. The City Traffic was much better and not as bad as the peak hours. Highway was absolutely free and he maintained 60 - 70 speed with AC ON.

I felt it's way too less compared what we discussed earlier and the Service Manager was kind of OK and started saying about the traffic conditions and we should have gone 30/70 of City & Highway and we did 50/50 etc. I just stopped him and asked a simple question. "Do you remember the figures that you estimated earlier and is it anyway closer?" Unless you are convinced, what feedback will you give to Ford?. He understood my point and said, he will forward the report to Ford India and give his feedback as "Pretty Low". Will see what Ford would advise.

One way I am happy that the car didn't react otherwise with SC Guys and make me a fool (as it always would happen). Let's see what have they got to do now.

BTW, there a pretty great chances that they would come back to convince me that this is an excellent figure and that's all this car can give [clap].

Which route are you going to follow? I would suggest you to take the route which you follow every day.

Please do 2 cycles -

1. Usual office route and back(if possible)

Top up

2. Highway drive (e.g. on Old Madras Road upto Hoskote)

Top up

Then note the results.
Anshuman - Thanks for the suggestion. Tried all that... [frustration] Nothing better. City Figures are 12 - 13 and Highways are 16-17.

@Subbu

Yes those figures are not very impressive and are bit less. Yes they will come back and say that that is the best of Figo[lol]. Have you checked these

1. engine decarbonising
2. air filter status
3. tyre pressures

Thread Starter #26
@Subbu

Yes those figures are not very impressive and are bit less. Yes they will come back and say that that is the best of Figo[lol]. Have you checked these

1. engine decarbonising
2. air filter status
3. tyre pressures
Yes. 2 & 3 were positive. The Service Manager ignored the point on Carbon Deposition citing it's too early for such issues, even cars with 150K KMs are running good without such issues.

^^ Ok, that is fine about the schedule for decarbonising, but how about checking the engine and its status at the moment, do they have any such equipment to do that

Thread Starter #28
^^ Ok, that is fine about the schedule for decarbonising, but how about checking the engine and its status at the moment, do they have any such equipment to do that
I doubt RK. As far as I have noticed, they are extremely conservative when you got anything to do with Engine. They won't touch it unless it's advised by Ford India.

@Subbu

I am not asking them to open the engine, but please raise this doubt about the engine health and let them decide how to check it in consultation with Ford.

Have sent any mails to local Ford office about this problem

Thread Starter #30
@Subbu

I am not asking them to open the engine, but please raise this doubt about the engine health and let them decide how to check it in consultation with Ford.

Have sent any mails to local Ford office about this problem
Understood. I have asked them to check on all possible parameters on this issue. Let's see what they are going to come back with.

No emails yet as it's going smoothly so far. If they would come back with something which is not convincing, then I need to start that trail.

Top Bottom