Alloys & Tyres Upgrade For Tata Nano GenX

bhvm

Honoured Member
I liked the second option. Well spaced out spokes and looks timeless/Classy.
P.S- Noticed that due to 3 Lugs, the holes are looking strange and uneven.

Last edited:
I called the tata dealer Society motors, kanpur, offered 12" Nano alloys (not the Y design) for 11.6k with discount.

Final price for 4 Rs.9624/-, no buyback for steel rims. Should I go for it?

Regards
Vinod
Good to go. Plati is good brand.

If you have tyres in good condition then ask for buy back and get it replaced with Michelin XM2 155/65 R12.

I called the tata dealer Society motors, kanpur, offered 12" Nano alloys (not the Y design) for 11.6k with discount.

Final price for 4 Rs.9624/-, no buyback for steel rims. Should I go for it?

Regards
Vinod
Go for it. If possible, get the black V shaped alloys. It will look awesome on your Nano. I too will fit V shaped black alloys soon as I don't have too much budget to spend on the alloys. I plan to go for BS stock tyre size during alloys upgrade.

@Amit: Doesn't the front tyre rub with caliper pin while taking full turns with 155 size tyre?

Go for it. If possible, get the black V shaped alloys. It will look awesome on your Nano. I too will fit V shaped black alloys soon as I don't have too much budget to spend on the alloys. I plan to go for BS stock tyre size during alloys upgrade.

@Amit: Doesn't the front tyre rub with caliper pin while taking full turns with 155 size tyre?
No, It wont.
I did it my dad's Nano. I asked to TATA service about using rear tyre to front in case of emergency, he said it can work very efficiently.

The tyres which I have recommended above is really good to go.

Thread Starter #21
No, It wont.
I did it my dad's Nano. I asked to TATA service about using rear tyre to front in case of emergency, he said it can work very efficiently.

The tyres which I have recommended above is really good to go.
Thanks Amit, will upgrade the tyres as well after the current ones life is over.

@Rahul, I'm getting silver color, what I plan is to get one v spoke in red florescent sticker and the outer lip in black. The center logo cap is in black.

@amit, as @kinshuk rightly pointed out, will do the upgrade on the next tyre change, as my car and tyres are just 8 months old.

Thanks all for your inputs.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #24
Hello All,

here are the pics of the alloys, but after the installation I am getting a bouncy feeling in the car at speeds of 30kmph. any ideas? as per the dealer the balancing has been done properly, should I get the balancing redone at some other place? and if not balancing then what else can it be?

However, my wife who drives the Nano daily didnt find anything of that sort.

Alloy Price: 16800 INR
Installation: 500.
Shop Name: Car Cupid, Pimple Saudagar

IMG-20170630-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20170630-WA0001.jpg

Regards,
Kinshuk

Last edited:
Top Bottom