Punto Red Emotion MJD - 2 Years of Ownership

Thread Starter #106
2700 KM completed.
My beuty is getting ready for 1st servicing, around 15th Nov. Will keep you updated my experience of A.S.S.

Just one question regarding tires on the Punto:

What is the difference between the tires on Epk and Emotion?

Cheers,
Vroom

Thanks RSM. Since you also own the Emotion variant, do you think it makes sense to upgrade the tires to what Emotion Pk has?

Cheers,
Vroom

Thread Starter #112
Thanks RSM. Since you also own the Emotion variant, do you think it makes sense to upgrade the tires to what Emotion Pk has?

Cheers,
Vroom
Depends, how you are going to drive.
For me, its 75+% in city and outskirts. So emotion tires are most than adequate. However you are looking for better look and performance, 195/15R makes sense.
If you plan to do that, talk to tyre shops now itself and exchange on the day of delivery, you will get very good exchange offer.

Well.. I am really confused. I really don't know if I should go for an upgrade. Like you mentioned, I will have to decide fast to get a good deal on the exchange.

Cheers,
Vroom

Thread Starter #114
First servicing

Guys, i have given my punto for first servicing. There were some deep scratches (it keeps coming[cry]), so car will be delivered late evening or tomorrow.

Guys, i have given my punto for first servicing. There were some deep scratches (it keeps coming[cry]), so car will be delivered late evening or tomorrow.
do share your feedback regarding your cars servicing as what we all have been complaining till now was their ASS department.

Thread Starter #117
All the best RSM. So are they going to remove these deep scratches? Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Vroom
Yes.
Actually, i was thinking to do some touch-up work. Scratch keeps coming. But the paint job guy told me, initially it will cost around 3.5K, i told thats to high and do some touch-up. Then he offered me 2.5K (he told me sir it will not look good with touch up), i never know these things can also be negotiated. Then i told ok do it.
SA, Mr. Chenatan, suggested me to go fot 3M paint protection. I told not now, may be afterwards.

do share your feedback regarding your cars servicing as what we all have been complaining till now was their ASS department.
Yes i will. Actually i have some more things to update, but i will wait for everything to get finished.

Which area got dented? If it isnt much deep you can get it repaired afterwards because you cant stop dents. These are usually result of others idiots and we have to suffer.

Thread Starter #120
Which area got dented? If it isnt much deep you can get it repaired afterwards because you cant stop dents. These are usually result of others idiots and we have to suffer.
Actually dent waas not much, but scratch was very deep. Actually it got ruggeed with wall during parking. And this was fully my mistake.

Hey can u explain about this?? I also have a few scratches in my verna , but they are not visible though!!
Then you are the perfect customer for 3M paint protection or car detailing. Actually they remove all the small scratches, i think with some rubbing material and then wax. The cost they told me around 2K. I am planning to do after 1-2 month. My SA was insisting to do today as it needs washing, i told i already paid for scrtaches and i will do it after 2 months. And he agreed to wash it for free that time. Washing cost at Concorde costs Rs.330.

1st Servicing Experience
First servicing is done. Only money i paid (Rs. 2400) for scratch treatment. Servicing was done with Zero cost.
What all they did, apart from other things mentioned in the manual -
  • Replaced central AC vent. I told him that from one side (front passenger side) air flow is less. He replcaed that (Rs. 740)
  • Tyre Rotation - During wheel alignment, they found that car might be drifting little to left (i hardly felt that), so after alignment he rotated the tyres also.
  • All fluid topped-up. I asked if it is better to change the engine oil, he told there is no harm in NOT changing the oil. So i decided to stick to FIAT manual, will change at 2nd serviving. In the free service coupon, they have not mentioned it, as it should be charged. But the owners manual have this mentioned, so i showed him and told him to do this if required. They didn't charged me anything for this.
Overall i am quite happy with the service[clap]. I told him i will give my feedback only after 3-4 days run.

Top Bottom