Zapp Debuts i300 High Performance Electric City Bike

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Zapp-i300.jpg

British electric motorcycle company Zapp Electric Vehicles is debuting its first model, the i300 high performance electric city bike, at this week’s Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Zapp EV first unveiled the i300 in late-2018 and has since been working towards an official product debut of June 2022 for its performance electric city bike. Billed as combining the acceleration and riding dynamics of a motorcycle with the step-through form of a scooter, the i300 boasts acceleration of 0-100km/h in 4.8 seconds. A double battery system helps to reduce range anxiety and can be charged from 20% to 80% in just 40 minutes on a domestic socket.
20-06-22-Zapp-Press-64.jpg

Offering 14kW peak power and 587Nm of torque at the rear wheel, the i300 is built around a unique exoskeleton with a lightweight alloy and composite bodywork helping to bring its weight down to only 92kg (without batteries).

20-06-22-Zapp-Press-25.jpg

Each model is fitted as standard with two ultra-compact portable LiNMC battery packs which offer a range of 60 kilometres, with additional battery packs, home chargers, and travel chargers all available for additional purchase. And as its first official public outing, the i300 will be making its debut at the iconic Goodwood Festival of Speed over the next few days, including a run up the iconic Goodwood Hill on Thursday.

“The Zapp EV i300 isn’t just another electric commuter, it’s a high-performance city bike designed to satisfy the needs of both serious motorcyclists and new riders alike,” said Swin Chatsuwan, Zapp EV CEO. “It is not only high-technology but also accessible and great value-for-money.

“It’s been an incredible journey to date, from the initial concepts of what a performance city bike could be right through to selecting and designing every component. To be able to showcase the finished bike here at Goodwood is an amazing opportunity for an emerging British company like ours and I’m really excited for everyone to see our bike up close.”

Already available for pre-order in four models, starting from £5,750 (around $A10,000), the Zapp EV i300 is sadly only available in Europe, so Australians wanting to step into an i300 will have to wait.
/////

Top Bottom