Ultraviolette F77 - Mach2.0 : Laser - Turbo Red - 7.1KW

Thread Starter #1
Background :

In 2017, a startup from Bangalore show the world their idea and creativity, the F77. With the fighter jet inspired design, sporty stance, removeable batteries etc. they capture interest of many enthusiasts, including me. Design was quite different from the traditional motorcycles and UV we're bold and willing to disrupt the market. The design captured my attention, me and my friends decided to procure once it's launched in the market.

UltravioletteF77Teaser1200x900.jpg

Coming to 2022, after grueling waiting period of 5 years, Ultraviolette decided to launch the bike,F77 Mach 1.0. Even though I was quite exited, the OTR price had been a bummer for me. My wallet was just not ready to take the risk at that time. So, invested the amount i was willing spend on this bike and was willing to wait for some time and moved on.

But regardless, rarely we see a product that is true to the concept. I felt only difference was the removable batteries and considering safety parameter, that a proper compromise.

Decision and delivery experience :

In 2024 April, UV team announced Mach 2.0 and the price was just prefect for me, One look at the portfolio and knew it was the time to buy one. Main conundrum I faced was with the variant ( SD or Recon) and colours (so many). My main requirement was office commute around 50 kms per day, considering the price difference of 1.0L INR, I decided to settle for SD variant. Next was the colour, I wanted the bike to standout a little and red colour was capturing my attention ( now leading to unwanted excessive attention[frustration] ). Thereby booked the SD variant and turbo red color. Booking amount was 5K INR and there was a discount of 25K INR for first 1K customers.
Ultraviolette-F77-Mach-2-3-1131x720.jpg
In June, Once deliveries started, I decide to visit the Bangalore showroom to book my bike. The showroom team was very accommodating, well educated about the product and checked all my other requirements. They even agreed to deliver the bike to Mysore, at an additional price of 6K INR as I didn't want to take a risk driving a new motorcycle on highway.

The date of delivery came, got a call from UV team that they've shipped the bike along with charger, early went to home was was waiting from the truck to arrive. Truck arrived in the evening, bike was securely placed such that it took 30 mins just to loosen all fasteners, covers and holders. Everything was properly packed, secured and covered. Even sales team were kind enough to give a demo over the phone late at night.

About the bike : Remember this is a 7.1KW SD variant, Slight difference with Recon.

Bike has a permanent magnet AC motor capable producing peak power and torque of 36.2hp and 90 Nm respectively. Coupled with a 7.1KW IP67 rated battery pack the motor is capable of max speed of 155 kmph and an 0-60kmph acceleration in 2.9 sec [cheers] and putting a smile on rider every time.
As an introductory offer, following features/items were included in the price :
  • Dynamic regenerative braking with 10 levels (0 to 9).
  • Traction Control (4 Levels - Off, Sport, Street, Rain)
  • Hill Hold assist (On & Off)
  • Switchable ABS (Mono & Dual)
  • Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
  • Charge Limiter
  • Park Assist (to and fro)
  • Lockdown, Deep Sleep, Find My F77 etc.
  • LTE integrated eSIM
  • 3 years or 60K kms warranty

IMG_3882.JPG IMG_3883.JPG IMG_3884.JPG IMG_3885.JPG

Rider's POV
IMG_3886.JPG

If you look closely, everything in the bike is built with at most care and proper design. Each element seems to have a specific purpose with aerodynamics or structural. Flap looking element is an actual crash guard, it's a metal projection with plastic on top. All panels, switch gear, wires, hoses, touch materials feel premium over current market at that price.

Chassis is a steel trellis with aluminum bulk head. Both front and rear suspension is pre-load adjustable, quite easier to setup. Aluminum swingarm also helps in reducing unspring weight. The 41mm USD telescopic fork is able to dampen minor variations but we need to adjust slightly to get smoother ride. 320mm front and 230 mm rear disc braked are fitted with Bosch ABS system along with 4 radial piston in front caliper and single floating piston at rear caliper. MRF's Steel brace tyres are kind of bummer, they loose confidence on dirt roads quickly.
IMG_3897.JPG IMG_3889.JPG IMG_3892.JPG
IMG_3890.JPG
IMG_3893.JPG IMG_3907.JPG

Headlight, tail lights and indicators is LED based. Headlight also has an auto dimming feature.
IMG_3902.JPG

Seat on the harder side, some people might complain on it. Since I'm a tall person seat height of 800mm is great and with slanting seat, I would slide up and down to relax my knees a bit.
IMG_3904.JPG

Control Center is made up of a Multi-functional 5 inch TFT display connected to tactile input switch gear at console. OS is based on UV automotive Linux OS.
IMG_3911.JPG
IMG_3913.JPG

Since throttle has ride-by-wire, it has 3 modes - Glide, Combat and Ballistic.
Glide - Ride is easy and smooth. Quite suited from City ride.
Combat - Ride is smooth but acceleration support quick over takes.
Ballistic - This is too much power for people to handle. This is the reason why this bike required traction control and DSC. Need to be mature to handle this much of torque.

Range :
We all know in the EV world, most companies exaggerate charge range but not Ultraviolette. I'm able to achieve ~10 to 5 km difference in their estimated range for that REC level. This shows how much testing has been performed by ultraviolette team before launch of the product.
Screenshot 2024-09-14 205943.png

Charging :

Bike has IEC 62196-6 (type-6) Charging port which is also similar to Ola and Simple energy. Ultraviolette provides Standard charger (1.3kw) as default but also provides a boost charger (3.3kw) for additional price (42K INR). Ultraviolette has created two type of public charging, the SuperNova 6kw (2x3kw guns) and SuperNova Plus 12kw (2x6kw guns).

Ultraviolette claims the following time to charge from 20% to 80%
Standard Charger - 3 hours.
Boost Charger - 1.5 hours.
SuperNova 6KW - 1.5 hours.
SuperNova 12KW - 0.75 hours.

In reality charging from 15 % to 100 % takes around 5.5hrs.

Who should consider this bike :
  • Those who travel a predict distance from Point A to B.
  • Those who have charger facilities.
  • Those who are mature enough to handle ballistic mode.
  • Those who has an additional vehicle to ride/drive.
  • Those who care about environment (exhaust pollution).
  • Those who want to experience new type of motorcycle.

Advantages I observed :
  • Attracts attention from everyone. There hasn't been a single stoplight where I haven't been asked about the bike. Sometimes it's worrying.[frustration]
  • Good leg room and space for tall riders.
  • Reduced fuel expenses. Went from 4K/month to ~450INR/month.[cheers]
  • Reduce maintenance (as of now).
  • Pre-Load adjustable front suspension.
  • Good headlights. Proper positioning required after adjusting suspension sag.
  • Auto-dimming head lights.
  • Home service has been provided.
  • Good riding posture even in aggressive stance.

Disadvantages I observed :
  • Lack of charging facilities for Type-6 charging port.
  • MRF steel brace as not upto mark, atleast for me.
  • Pure sport position, may not be everyone's cup of tea.

PS : I started to spell UV wrong ever since I bought the bike.

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Completed 2000kms, following stats was observed :
  • Total Distance : 2079.0 KM
  • Total Time : 21.68 hrs
  • Energy Consumed : 33.96 kWh
  • energy recovered : 2.04 kWh
  • Total Fuel saved : 59.4 L
  • Total CO2 saved : 136.61 kg.

Considering charging cost of 8.5 INR per unit at home, running cost/km = 0.14 INR/km

with hysteresis loss assumption of 20%, running cost/km = 0.17 INR/km

Top Bottom