Reverse Camera With Display & Dashcam

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

Recently bought Honda Amaze S CVT. However, it doesn't have some basic safety things which i feel is important like Reverse Parking camera or a display unit for navigation (CarPlay) also i feel Dash Cam can also be handy in case of some mishap which one cannot deny in Indian Roads. Most of the cars these days come with Navigation and Reverse Parking display and mostly people simply buy DashCam so i was wondering if there is any product which can solve both my purpose? I dont have much idea about cars and car accessories so need some guidance. When i asked my Honda Dealer they said they aint aware of any such product and that i can check in Karol Bagh area.

I did search online and i got confused as there is something like central rearview dashcam with CarPlay for navigation. However, my concern is will it be safe to have such product installed considering for navigation i would have to look up?
Is there any other good alternative which will serves all my purpose 1) Reverse parking Camera 2) Navigation ( Google CarPlay) 3) Dashcam 4) GPS Tracker (for car theft safety) (This is not must but will be good to have 5) Need not to play much with wires in the sense should be easily installable without voiding the warranty.
I dont mind few thousands extra as 1,2,3 and 5 are important points for me. Please help/guide or could you also suggest some shop names in Delhi/NCR region whom ii can trust with these questions or installation.

Thread Starter #2
Hello All,

Please help me if any other info i should provide for your help or if any other thread/forum i should check to seek help.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I can suggest two options.

1) A dashcam with front and rear camera or
2) Android unit with 360 deg camera protection (camera coverage for front, rear and two sides)

First, I have installed 70mai dashcam pro with front camera (didn't opt for reverse camera). Before that, I was having a Blaupunkt android head unit fitted with reverse camera which was installed 3 years back and the system started slowing down, I have upgraded with the latest Android head unit with 360 deg camera option.

See below threads, which may give you some basic information about the systems.

70mai dashcam : 70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro With GPS: A Brief Review

Crosslink Wheels Android system with 360 Deg camera: Tata Tigor: Crosslink Wheels 360° Camera Installation

Hope you will get some idea?
//

Thread Starter #4
Thank you so much @Nairrk . Oh, why didn't I think of 360-degree camera . This will really help my wife as she does feels it would be good to have as will provide some more safety to our driving. I don't know much about 360 degre cameras but now i searching online i see MOCO as one the best 360 degree camera with DVR (will also take care of my requirement for Dashcam and android CarPlay which i would use mainly for navigation). How does i one even search, I mean what kind of requirement i should be looking for when buying a 360 degree camera?

Also can one fit TATA tigors camera to Honda Amaze too? (sorry if stupid question).

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thank you so much @Nairrk How does i one even search, I mean what kind of requirement i should be looking for when buying a 360-degree camera?
Mainly, you go for a Head unit with latest Android version, at least 2GB RAM/32GB ROM (4GB RAM preferred if you are going to download more apps and watch movies etc.), prefer all cameras with AHD lens, 4K video playback, wireless Android Auto/Car play, Octa-core processor.

Also can one fit TATA tigors camera to Honda Amaze too? (sorry if stupid question).
Any brand camera can be fitted in any vehicle, but only the Dashboard Fascia Frame will change, on which the head unit will be fitted.

I did select Crosslink Wheels brand because Tata Motors also use this same brand for some of their car models.

If you prefer to go for Android unit with a 360 deg camera system, then forget about dash cam as the 360 def set up itself comes with the recording feature.

Top Bottom