New Bajaj Avenger Ownership Review

Thread Starter #46
Re: Looking for a No-Nonsense Bike - Got Bajaj Avenger!

This is a typical problem with Bajaj service centres but I hoped that the Probiking outlets would fare slightly better due to lower volumes
lower volumes ? I was in queue ..... one should have seen that compound .I thought I was at wrong place like railway bike parking lot or something like that....my eye balls popped out!!!!

full of pulsar and discoverer .
initially that gave me cause to worry thinking these bajaj bikes are full of issues but when i asked, most of them said either it was minor accident ,headlamp alignment, and such petty issues.
recently I started to see lot of bikers around..and surprised to note that I am in land of pulsar (bajaj) lovers.

you should have asked them to wash the bike after servicing. dunno you they didnt do. i get my bike serviced from the authorised service center. and they do wash it most of time

dont worry about the oil in the rear tyre. the chain is lubed and the excess oil does show up in the rear wheel. if this doesnt happen then that is a concern [;)]

about your servicing being done in 3.5 hrs- they just change the oil and check the brakes and check the handling of the bike. which is done in less than 2 hrs (they use some sort of machines to open up and fit the nut bolts ). this makes the work done faster. only sometimes (on your insistance) they clean the air filter and change the parts.

Stop worrying and Keep riding. [:)]

one more thing i forgot to mention. you wont notice any change in the performance after the first 2 -3 servicings. it is only after that will you realise the need for a good mech.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Jayadev,it looks like I forgot this thread..:sorry:for this mistake.
Accept my congrats for your new bike(Haha,I love this bike and recommend this to everyone searching for a cruiser).
What is great that both of us have got the same engine 220 DTS-i,only difference is between the bikes,My 220 can be found HERE:biggrin:

So how is the bike doing?
How much have you covered?
What is the FE you are getting?
Any more issues,pros and cons noticed by you?

hey frndz...

I also own a bajaj Avy 220 but facing few issues with teh throttle..

Dnt know whether normal but i checked with teh servicecenter & few local mechanics as well dey tld me dat the machine behaviour is completely normal but m worried...I had god teh carb cleaned few mnths ago...

the point i need to clarify is
1. on 1st gear my bike reaches to 20km & if i try to exceed then starts shouting
2. on 3rd gear my bike reaches to 40km & if i try to exceed then starts shouting
3. 4th gear reaches upto a speed of 60 -65 but feels like a viberation (not much)
4. not tried the fifth gear but on 60 -65 fifths sounds fesable...

My query to all avy owners are is it normal response or shld i get my carb tuned..3000Km completed & bought my bike in April 2011...Plz rply as ur reply will b of great help..

Rgrds
Dev

Thread Starter #53
Accept my congrats for your new bike(Haha,I love this bike and recommend this to everyone searching for a cruiser).
What is great that both of us have got the same engine 220 DTS-i,only difference is between the bikes
Thanks Vipul, done 4000+ . 42 kmpl is mileage with normal ride.
I wish it had more muscles any ideas for power boost and mods ?

My query to all avy owners are is it normal response or shld i get my carb tuned..3000Km completed & bought my bike in April 2011...Plz rply as ur reply will b of great help..
I think your bike is quite normal .
in 1st it feels like in vibrator mode in full throttle .

Waiting for one and only "Sam Dinkar" to reply !

Thanks Vipul, done 4000+ . 42 kmpl is mileage with normal ride.
I wish it had more muscles any ideas for power boost and mods ?

I think your bike is quite normal .
in 1st it feels like in vibrator mode in full throttle .

Waiting for one and only "Sam Dinkar" to reply !
thnx yeah now it seem to b normal...

@devdeep.acharya: What is happening to your bike is perfectly normal. Don't waorry. Learn to ride ir gently - its a cruiser after all - this bike is not meant to be redlined in every gear. Upshift early and thje engine will not "shout". Shift to 2nd,3rd,4th, and 5th gears at 10, 20, 40, and 60 kmph respectively.

@devdeep.acharya: What is happening to your bike is perfectly normal. Don't waorry. Learn to ride ir gently - its a cruiser after all - this bike is not meant to be redlined in every gear. Upshift early and thje engine will not "shout". Shift to 2nd,3rd,4th, and 5th gears at 10, 20, 40, and 60 kmph respectively.
Thnx a lot man u have helped & cleared my doubt, my all frndz used to say ... are yaar tera 220 bike ha but asa fast pickup kyun nahi leta...i tld them as its a cruiser bike by bt had to convince them as comparison was wid 220 pulsar... i explained dat teh BHP is 17.5 of my bike approx & 220 pulsar is abt 21.5..dats y...

Top Bottom