My New Honda City in White - The Albus

thxs guys for the reply...I stay near andheri. If you know any place where I can get it painted and installed nearby my place please let me kno. I want to get a good job done. Some local garage near my place claim that they can get the same colour match. But I am not sure, so wanted to know if anyone has got any decent paint job done other than from honda workshop.
Man Andheri is too far from my place yaar. Ask Sandykudva he knows many shops around Dadar area so it'll be close to you. And if you know any reputed garage how carry out body works on car then they can surely does this job very easily.
One thing is that you can't get 100% match for the color as it's so unique and computer coded but easily get up to 95% match.
Or ask Honda guys for paint job only, if they agree then you can install by your own as Dr. Mudhan said.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #302

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@CRACING

Actually I have installed the horns myself as I don't trust workers (except authorized service centers). They work fast; cut wires, break parts and install in such a way that I don't like so I prefer to do myself…. if the same work was done by auto electrician, he would directly cut the wires, tie/twist the horn wires, tape it, place the horns where the stock ones where placed .. sorry if I am spamming your thread..
Great. I agree with you, over your feelings . You are not spamming ‘my thread’. In fact you’re making this ‘our thread’ to enrich with information.

Thanks for the same. But we would love to see your car and modification carried on so far. Please post the pictures.

*****​

@Kuwaronline​

Much discussed about flipkeys. I am really happy about the contribution made by our fellow members CRACING, HaruH, Sandykudva. I absolutely agree with Sandykudva
‘ this process you require the car and the key together as long as he is doing it on the new key and sensor which is very much possible as they can pair the sensor and chip via coding but if its removing you original sensor and refitting then better do it from a known chap only who has done it earlier as a small thing can lead to a bigger problem’

Thread Starter #303

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
hello Dr Mudhanji
As mentioned by kuwaronline I too joined the forum after reading your thread. Your passion for ANHC really drives all proud owner of ANHC. …. I have gone through all your post and eagerly waiting every day for something new from your side. I myself have ordered few items after going thru your post from aliexpress like shark fin antenna, battery voltage tester. Got new wing spoiler from concept car, chrome handle cover, chrome fuel lid cover and planning few more upgrades.
Your post keeps this thread alive for me. I would like to thank all other members also for valuable inputs. Hope to see many more post from you sir.

Dear shekhar410

I am overwhelmed by your endearing words.

It’s nice of you that you expressed so much about this thread. Some time I feel some where I should stop writing this thread due to my busy schedule. But the words like person from you inspire me more and make me to continue… Thanks.

Regarding the paint job over your spoiler, all our forum members are helping you. It’s really nice of them. Thanks to HaruH , Sandykudva, Gurrala74

Yours is not the one I have – lip / duck tail type so that to follow what I did very easily (Refer page 10 of this thread)

The one you have is Wing type and requires professional drilling & fitting on the bonnet lid. Please refer the page 11 of this thread for DIY procedure (26th December 2013, 03:50 PM by HariHaran Bhoopathy )

Our forum members @ Mumbai trying to help you at their best to get the best possible painter.

All the best to you.

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

Came across a garage who agreed to do the paint job for spoiler for 1400rs, fitting and installation charges will be separate. Regarding matching the colour he said will get computerised matching using fuel lid cover (95% percent match depending upon present colour condition).

Actually i read many reviews online about rusting caused by drilled holes in the trunk for spoiler. The garage guy told me not to get the spoiler fitted as drilling hole in the trunk is not recommended.
So planning to get some rubber gasket, silicone sealant and touch up paint before I go ahead with the installation.
Any suggestion for protecting the drilled hole from rusting are welcome.

Thread Starter #305

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART XXXII:

SIMPLE DOOR SILL SCUFF PLATES FOR HONDA CITY IVTEC​

Hello Sir, How you protect your car door steps from scratches as you did not install any door steps…. I have read one thread here for Amaze in which he install those steps in doom light without cutting any stock wire but no one here is ready to do that as it required lots of time and efforts. Other option is Honda but the cost they quote is not worth at all.
The Honda OEM Door Scuff Illuminated comes with a wiring harness and the upgrade kit costs @ Rs.10,500 and no VFM. But with aftermarket, we have to slice the main wire to tap the electric line that goes to roof light/ door closure switch knob. Even that is not an issue; I felt for the quality of aftermarket LEDs and how far they would be water proof?

Why we prefer the plates - cosmetic or just want to prevent scratches? If is to prevent scratches how far the plastic cover of the LED lights would withstand the foot pressure … all these came to mind. This place is more prone for rough handling... Not everyone is careful enough while getting into or closing the door.

So I decided to go with a non-illuminated type, available in India, the GALIO make @ Rs.700/- A good styling modification that has a purposeful use. The quality is good but the sizes are not enough to protect the required area. Of course most of the plates are like that.

ANHC STILL PLATES 01.jpg

ANHC STILL PLATES 02.jpg

PROCEDURE ADOPTED:​

I cleaned the area with isopropyl alcohol, Marked the area with wax crayon ,Once I was happy with its location, pressed firmly down on the plate after removing the double side tape cover, ensured it doesn't move from the edge of the door sill, Started from the middle, and applied even but firm pressure out towards the end. That’s all @ every door!

I am thinking whether I can protect the uncovered area by vinyl covering. My Amway SG liquid helps to clean the plates periodically and the uncovered door sill areas as well.

My double 24x2 LEDs @ Roof / Dome are so powerful, prevented me to think of the illuminated ones and even footwell courtesy lights.

PROCEDURE FOR ILLUMINATED TYPE:​

DIY Honda Fit LED Door Sill Install - YouTube

Last edited:
Thread Starter #306

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
ABOUT AFTER MARKET AUTO FOLDING ORVM​

Sir when you get time also let me know that can we install power fold-able mirrors in our cars as they are present in global model of City. I have done bit research on net but not able too find anything promising, so if you can focus on that then it'll be good. Sorry for giving more trouble sir.
Not at all HaruH , you encourage me so much.​

If you recall the first page of my thread I indicated there about this.

PART VII: THE STORY OF MY LED SIDE VIEW MIRRORS:
From the very first day at the Honda show room my wife was telling that our car would also look nice with the led side view mirrors. When I checked with the dealer I was made to realize that it was impossible as in other versions, the higher end comes with the special led ORVMs interconnected with engine (auto folding?).
Here, there are three things are involved – electrical, mechanical & electronic. It is very difficult to indulge as it requires motor, control cables, wiring, electronic sensors to understand engine activity and connectors from OEM.

Unless auto foldable mirrors are offered as a company fitment, we are not likely to get the exact model from after market.

It not worth to get some other make and modify, even with extra switch.

The original one is actually interconnected with engine control processor, it unfolds and folds when engine starts and stops, as per experts.

Let us console…we are in INDIA.[;)]

Last edited:
@CRACING

Great. I agree with you, over your feelings . You are not spamming ‘my thread’. In fact you’re making this ‘our thread’ to enrich with information.

Thanks for the same. But we would love to see your car and modification carried on so far. Please post the pictures.
Looks like you have mixed up the posts of mine and kuwaronline's. Actually It was kuwaronline that wrote "sorry if I am spamming your thread", not me. :tongue:

However, if you asked for me to see my car and modifications. Well I haven't done any major and I like stock finish. Of course I spent some for car cares. Bought some mothers car care products like, Pure polish, Syn wax & Microfiber Applicator Pads) plus Muc-off Ubershine Luxury Car Shampoo. I have written more info about them here.

Here: h t t p s : / / g e a r h e a d s . i n /garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=1806 are the snaps of my car. I took those after detailing the car with above products.

As far as modifications, I have changed the parking bulbs, licence board bulbs, boot lamp & interior lamps to leds bought from HK. Headlight bulbs are Philips Diamond Vision 5000k (Not so bright but looks good. Looking to switch to Crystal vision 4000k sometime.).

You may think I'm stupid about the following diy but I stitched seat covers for my car, myself. Bought cotton cloth for 800 Rs (badge color) and still 200 Rs cloth is left. :tongue: It is easily removal-able and wash-able. I will take some shots at free times and post them here.

Thats it.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your brief replies.
It's big let down that we can't put power fold-able mirrors, that is the only feature I miss most in my car. [cry]
And thank you for focusing the cons of illuminated plates, now i'll think more and decide on the same. [:)]

And kindly continue your work to provide knowledge for people like me, I know it's too hectic for a busy man but I am appreciate your passion and work, Thanks a lot for that. [:)]

Hello friends,

I have found something new today. Don't know if you guys know it already. The Ghost Shadow Light which shows car logo on the floor when doors are opened. Item costs around 9 USD for 1 pair and requires no drill since it comes with self-adhesive. (link 1, Link 2). It looks cool when I saw in youtube. :)

However, I found installation video of product that requires drilling a hole under door panels. But nothing about no-drill type.

Has anybody researched more details about it?

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow editing our posts after 30 mins of posting. Sorry to post again. Check this link. He has done horn fitment without cutting/damaging existing horn wires. Putting two horns to a single horn fitment. However our Honda city comes with two horns so splitting the horn wire isn't required (ScotchLock) nor the Honda 04321-S87-305 horn connector as we use aftermarket horns which require spade connectors. Whats missing on that guide is the ground wire since stock horns doesn't require but aftermarket horns does. Its very simple though, check the attached image. Also note the +ve terminal, its the one near to adjuster screw.

I regret on not posting detailed DIY done myself. If I remove the bumper again, I will surely make a guide. Btw; removing bumper is very difficult and should be very careful, not to break it and/or hurt yourself.

This is for those who are looking to change stock horns and don't want to mess-up with company harness. I guess this applies for all Honda cars also.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Attachments

Last edited:
Dr. MUDHAN Sir,

i) Yup, Forget to take pics, third hole which required for led light on right side. Pics attached below. But from inside it's not visible.

ii) Have attached close up pics which shows no gap, That's the model.
hello Hariharan
what precautionary measures did u take to prevent water seepage from the drilled holes.
Concept car provided me with some rubber packing to be used with the securing bolts. I am not very sure if its sufficient to prevent leakage. Are you facing any issues with water leakage inside trunk and any sign of rust/paint peeling off.
Kindly advise.

@Dr MUDHAN

You where looking for bright Interior led light right? Look this video How to Install LED Interior Panel Lights It is same as our Honda City. Instead of 31mm Festoon/Dome he has used panel based SMD's. I'm gonna buy two of these link. One for interior and the other for boot. Present ones (Festoon 31mm x 6 5050 SMD for interior & T10 9 5050 SMD for boot) are not so bright. :(

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Hi Dr. Mudhan,

I was trying to buy those scuff plates online from galio make but couldnt find at all. If you ordered online please provide link so I could order same.

Thanks

Thread Starter #315

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ HaruH

…Kindly continue your work to provide knowledge for people like me, I know it's too hectic for a busy man but I am appreciate your passion and work, Thanks a lot for that. [:)]
Thanks, HaruH. Your feelings reflect that how much you respect my write –ups & how much you are keen in reading them line by line! [:D]

***​

@ CRACING

I have seen this 'The Logo Light Ghost Shadow Door' earlier. The new one comes with Cree tech LED bulbs with sharp images. The wire comes out at the lower end gap of door pad or may be necessary to create a small hole to bring out the wire.

Your DIY wiring is excellent. But getting / creating the correct connector requires some patient & thinking. I don’t think that it would be easy to get aftermarket OE type connectors in India.

Regarding Dome light, look at this post ( PAGE 11- 24th December 2013, 03:21 PM ) , I am totally satisfied and no more modification is needed.

***​

@ shekhar410

Why don’t you send a personal message to HariHaran Bhoopathy to know more about his work over Wing type spoiler ?

***​

@ kuwaronline

Check this site to know the dealer near to you & purchase, it will work out cheaper and you can check the plates before buying: Galio India

OR you can order from here:

Sill Plates-Honda-City IVTEC | ModifyMyCar.in - a part of LetsModify.com (PRICE Rs. 689/-)

LetsModify - Sill Plates-Honda-City IVTEC - Buy Car Accessories Accessories | Snapdeal.com (PRICE Rs. 762/-)

Top Bottom