In Search For Comfortable Ride in Suzuki Ignis!

Thread Starter #1
View media item 101We bought an Ignis for our home in 2018 as a replacement for our 2003 Alto. Later we realised that the ride comfort of Ignis was too bumpy. I have tried voicing this with the ASC multiple times to no avail. I have even spoken to their area service manager regarding this. Suzuki has done a recall for all Ignis sole pre-2018 in other countries to fix this issue. International models of Ignis also have different part numbers for shocks.
I searched a lot for different springs which can be installed but only lowering springs are available for this car.
Contrary to the belief, the problem with the suspension is not that it's hard the spring is too soft. This was pointed out by ARC suspension in their YouTube and also in another thread.
ARC Suspension sells a full dampener kit work 32k which I believe is costly.
There are also shops that 'rebuild' shock absorbers. People do this when shocks are leaky. But post-rebuild, people have reported softer rides.
The Diesel variant of Ignis had a different shock absorber in the front, I really feel like experimenting with that too. Since diesel had more weight, it'd be stiffer.
I am on the hunt for a solution to make the car more.comfortable for my dad.
This thread is dedicated to all Ignis owners who are looking for a fix to bumpy rides.

Thread Starter #2
I have found out that there are lowering springs available for Ignis from Cobra spring.
IMG-20230903-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20230903-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20230903-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20230903-WA0025.jpg

I'm skeptical about lowering 30mm and making the ground clearance 150mm due to the pathetic rural.roads of Kerala.

I also found out that Dr. Nano Suspensions, an Indian brand is offering similar 30mm lowering spring for Ignis.
I was surprised to know there is another heavy duty stock size spring for Ignis as well. This comes at Rs. 14500 a set.

What would be the effect of installing this on stock dampeners?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
I had a chat with the Dr. Nano Suspensions support.
The support is not the best out there. They mostly give short incomplete answers.
They told me that the stock shock absorbers would work well with the Heavy Duty springs. These springs are made out of SUP-9 material and then coated with nano particles.
I guess it's built to order since it takes 4 days to ship the product.
I am pretty much convinced to make a gamble on this. There is no one else who have tried out this mod prior to this.
The stock springs in Ignis cost around Rs.450 per side for the front and around Rs.370 per side for the rear.
Dr. Nano heavy duty springs cost 14500 for all four sides. That's like 3625 per side. So, it better be worth it.

I want to get the stock tyres, Bridgestone Ecopia EP150 changed before the mod so that I have a clear idea how much the ride can be improved by using better cushioned tyres.
From my experience with the tires in our Chevrolet Sail, I am planning to go for Good Year Assurance Triplemax 2 tires in the stock size, 175 65 R15.
I initially thought about upsizing to either 185 65 or 185 60. Both has its own ups and downs. There is a dedicated Ignis wheel upgrade thread in tbhp. Somone did an experiment with multiple sizes of Continental UC6 and came to the conclusion that the stock size is the best fit.
The stock size, 175 65 R15 comes stock in other cars like some Mini Cooper models and the Honda City. So, I believe this size is sufficient for Ignis.

Thread Starter #4
I ordered 175 65 R15 from tyremarket.com
Got it for 4700 per tyre including shipping.
All 4 tires were manufactured in July 2023, 2 months old.
Got it changed today at a nearby place with balancing, alignment, and new tire valves.
The ride feels more comfortable after the ride. The road patchworks are more isolated from the car now.
I am satisfied with the tire.

The packaging is decent. It is wrapped in plastic. I had to collect this from the office of the courier. (DTDC)

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-09 at 18.33.57.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-09 at 19.06.51.jpeg

Label of the tire. It supposedly offers a 5 year warranty.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-09 at 19.06.49 (1).jpeg

The inner part of the tire.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-09 at 19.06.49.jpeg

4 tires loaded in Ignis. Had to fold seats. Notice how the tyre threads extending to the sides for better cornering grip.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-09 at 19.06.46.jpeg

Old Bridgestone tyre. With 5 years/30000km of usage, cracks started to develop on the face. Had only one puncture during its use.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-09 at 18.49.18 (1).jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
Old Bridgestone tyre. With 5 years/30000km of usage, cracks started to develop on the face. Had only one puncture during its use.
Good you changed the tyres, not good to have those cracks develop on the surface as it lead to frequent punctures or loss of air pressure too. Even though the tyres ran only 30,000kms, I guess it is the age of the tyres that made it look old.

Have you thought of fitting a TPMS to the car ever?

I ordered 175 65 R15 from tyremarket.com
Got it for 4700 per tyre including shipping.
All 4 tires were manufactured in July 2023, 2 months old.
Got it changed today at a nearby place with balancing, alignment, and new tire valves.
The ride feels more comfortable after the ride. The road patchworks are more isolated from the car now.
I am satisfied with the tire.

The packaging is decent. It is wrapped in plastic. I had to collect this from the office of the courier. (DTDC)

View attachment 313579

View attachment 313574

Label of the tire. It supposedly offers a 5 year warranty.

View attachment 313575

The inner part of the tire.

View attachment 313576

4 tires loaded in Ignis. Had to fold seats. Notice how the tyre threads extending to the sides for better cornering grip.

View attachment 313577

View attachment 313573
What's the ply composition, UTQG RATINGS, e markings of the new tyres? If possible post these details about the outgoing Bridgestone too.

I had a chat with the Dr. Nano Suspensions support.
The support is not the best out there. They mostly give short incomplete answers.
They told me that the stock shock absorbers would work well with the Heavy Duty springs. These springs are made out of SUP-9 material and then coated with nano particles.
I guess it's built to order since it takes 4 days to ship the product.
I am pretty much convinced to make a gamble on this. There is no one else who have tried out this mod prior to this.
The stock springs in Ignis cost around Rs.450 per side for the front and around Rs.370 per side for the rear.
Dr. Nano heavy duty springs cost 14500 for all four sides. That's like 3625 per side. So, it better be worth it.

I want to get the stock tyres, Bridgestone Ecopia EP150 changed before the mod so that I have a clear idea how much the ride can be improved by using better cushioned tyres.
From my experience with the tires in our Chevrolet Sail, I am planning to go for Good Year Assurance Triplemax 2 tires in the stock size, 175 65 R15.
I initially thought about upsizing to either 185 65 or 185 60. Both has its own ups and downs. There is a dedicated Ignis wheel upgrade thread in tbhp. Somone did an experiment with multiple sizes of Continental UC6 and came to the conclusion that the stock size is the best fit.
The stock size, 175 65 R15 comes stock in other cars like some Mini Cooper models and the Honda City. So, I believe this size is sufficient for Ignis.
yes he did changed his tyres to 195/60 r15 tyres but on stock alloys,i have changed my tyres to 195/60 r15 but on 5.5j alloys of swift.
so there is no problem,it has not affected mileage too.car is more planted and dont feel ny problems in corners.
steering has become bit heavy and i like that.suspension is bit stiff but as i usually drive with only co passenger so it does not bothers me

Top Bottom