Hyundai Venue Compact SUV

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue Compact SUV: Segment-first features, transmission details revealed

Hyundai-Venue-sketch-interiors.jpg

Hyundai revealed that the Venue will offer 33 features in the upcoming Venue. 10 features of all the 33 features will be available only in the India-spec cars and have been developed for the Indian market. The upcoming Venue will be the only car in the segment to offer connected features. The Venue will offer Blue Link connectivity solution that will allow the owners to control the vehicle remotely as well as make the vehicle much more convenient to drive around.

hyundai-bluelink-technologies.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue safety features detailed in 3 new ads – Video

Hyundai claims Venue will be in a class of its own, with a host of segment first features with connected car technologies. Called ‘Hyundai BlueLink’ these consist of 33 services out of which 10 are specific for the Indian market with an inbuilt eSim with Vodafone Idea network. Below are three ads featuring these new features of Venue SUV.

Read:

Some details on the upcoming Venue:-

- 4 variants to be on offer initially - E, S, SX & SX(O), in both 1.4L petrol & 1.4L diesel lineups. The 1.0L, 7-speed petrol DCT will be offered in a single SX(O) trim.

- Colour shades will be Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Marina Blue, Passion Orange, Fiery Red, Stardust & Phantom Black. Dual-tone colour combination will be on offer too on at least 2 shades (Orange and most possibly White or Black).

- 1.4L petrol is expected to return ~18 kmpl, while the 1.4L diesel might return ~22 kmpl. The 1.0L turbo petrol might be pegged at 16.5 kmpl.

- Unladen ground clearance will be close to 200mm, while the boot space is close to 360 liters.

- The sleek lights above the headlamp sections are the pilot lamps + turn indicators.

- Rear seats to have 3 adjustable headrests and an armrest with storage. A front armrest is also on offer in the top 2 variants.

- No clarity on automatic headlamps yet. Rain-sensing wipers, however, will be present.

- The variants equipped with Bluelink tech will have 8-inch touchscreen systems and i-Smart IRVMs.

- ESC & Hill-hold assist will be present. The latter in the top 2 variants.

- Wireless charging pad & front ventilated seats might be on offer in the top SX(O) variant. (both first-in-segment features)

- Pricing will be bang in the XUV300/EcoSport range. Base E variant might start at 8.09L with the top SX(O) diesel at 12.19L, with the 1.0L DCT priceed close to the SX(O) diesel (~12L). All ex-showroom, Delhi.

Source-Team-BHP

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue bookings open at dealer level

er.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20190415054521_Hyundai-Venue-teaser.jpg

In the run-up to its launch in mid-May, Hyundai dealerships have begun unofficially accepting bookings for the new Venue compact SUV for a booking amount of Rs 50,000.

The SUV will be revealed on April 17 in India and in New York simultaneously, showing just how important the model is for the Korean brand.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Venue SUV officially unveiled in India: Launch & price announcement next month

Hyundai India has unveiled the Venue sub-4 meter compact SUV – a direct Maruti Brezza rival. The Hyundai Venue compact SUV will be launched in India next month, and prices will be announced on the day of launch. The Venue looks like a baby Creta from the side but has totally different styling at the front and rear. The front has an imposing waterfall grille and the headlamps are high-set projector unit. The bumper also has projector fog lamps and DRL LED surrounds. At the rear, tail lamps of the Venue are distinctly styled.

hyundai-venue-1.jpg

hyundai-venue-2.jpg

hyundai-venue-3-1.jpg

hyundai-venue-4-1.jpg

hyundai-venue-7.jpg

Details:

From rear it looks more of a hatchback and a combination of Figo and polo to me.

It will lock horns with XUV 300 and Ecosport wherein Nexon and Brezza will have pricing advantage.

High time for ford to start working on new Ecosport and Maruti to do something with brezza
Tata can stay relevant with hybrid version of Nexon and they already are working on similar design H2X which will bring in the numbers. I even say that H2X is more relevant to venue’s design

Last edited:
I like the looks but interior space seems lesser than i20.
That 1.2 engine is inadequate even in i20. 1 litre turbo with dsg type gearbox will be similar to other 1 litre turbo engines we have already seen, good on paper only. Another point is that dsg gearbox everyone complaints about vw dsg gearbox but the fact is no one makes better dsg gearbox. If you are scared about vw dsg then don't even think about other companies dsg gearboxes.
Deisel seems adequate even though it's the least powerful in it's category but buying a diesel may not be a good idea since 10 year law may become nation wide so the resale value won't be there. I don't know what's the usp of this other than blue link, if anyone wants hyundai they should buy i20 diesel or if they want small crossover buy nexon diesel which would come at the price of 1.2 petrol venue or wait for brezza 1.5 petrol.

Last edited:
I was following Venue from August 2018, and for some reason I am having a mixed feel. A bit disappointed with petrol engine, 1.2 is good for Xcent/Grand i10 and I am not sure how will it do the duty for Venue. They should have come up with 1.4 Petrol which was a miss from Hyundai. I have read horror stories on DCT, I am not sure how well Hyundai has rectified it. The best option is Diesel, but I don't know if it wise to get a diesel car now, As we are unsure on how the future will be for Diesel cars after April 2020.

Now coming to the looks, I like the car on the whole, the car seems to be small compared to rivals but I will hold my judgement till I see it personally. Now, I am just skeptical if I need to wait for this one or go for Petrol Creta SX.

Seriously Hyundai? The 1.2l Kappa Petrol engine for the Venue? Its just about ok on the Grand i10. Feels sluggish on the Elite i20. Yes, its very refined and meant for sedate driving but falls flat everywhere else. Fast revving but not all all exciting to drive.
1l Turbo Petrol is not something to be excited about. Dual clutch automatic is good to have but we all know how DCTs fare in Indian conditions.
What about the Hyundai's 1.5 l Diesel, I though it would have been debuted on the Venue and BSVI Compliant
Looks wise - Venue is Polarizing. The new design language of Hyundai is Hideous at best. Gone are the timeless clean design of the 1st Elite i20, new Verna or the Creta. Sad.

Interiors are as always awesome from Hyundai. No two ways about it

Dimension wise, Venue is rather small. Much like a evolutionary version of the i20 Active.

But at the end of the day, Hyundai Venue would do great as per sales are concerned

Common, Maruti Suzuki, give us a Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol now. Its about time now. Just plonk in the 1.2l K12 or the Dual jet ASAP. and also some feature shuffling on the VXI/VDI

Last edited:
@vvivek85 there is talks about 1.4 petrol from verna but again that may be detuned but it should give adequate power. Brezza is also rumoured to be coming with 1.5 petrol. If any of this is true then I would choose brezza.

@Kingtut Yes, I heard about the news but it will not be in near future. They will decide based on market response. The recent CSUV launches have ditched in someway or other, XUV300 with impractical boot and Venue like this.

@vvivek85 there is talks about 1.4 petrol from verna but again that may be detuned but it should give adequate power. Brezza is also rumoured to be coming with 1.5 petrol. If any of this is true then I would choose brezza.
I came across this recently regarding the K15B. Maruti to update its petrol engines for BS-VI "Maruti Suzuki is working on updating its current 1.2-litre petrol engine as the BS-VI norms come in closer. The update will mean, it will get the Dualjet technology. The company is looking at offering this technology in all its vehicles. Even the 1.5-litre is most likely to get this update, as confirmed by one of our sources."

Top Bottom