Hyundai Grand i10 Petrol Automatic Launched (Diesel AT is Rumor!)

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel Automatic!

@ Appu, can you kindly call them and verify.

Called to Vellore showroom. A girl attended the call and said "Petrol A/T version is available in Grand, Max 15 days waiting period ".

then she said that, another person will call me to provide the full details about the petrol A/T version. Will update, once I received the call from those guys[:)]

Last edited:

It is mentioned on Hyundai website that it is available in both Manual & Auto but no mention about Petrol or Diesel so both should have an Auto Option.
This is copied from hyundai Website
"PERFORMANCE
- Optimum performance and mileage
- 1.2 Kappa dual VTVT petrol engine
- 1.1 U2 diesel engine
- Manual and automatic transmission"

Here's the link Hyundai Grand i10 | HYUNDAI MOTOR INDIA - NEW THINKING. NEW POSSIBILITIES.

Go to this website & search for word Automatic using Ctrl + F , you fill find it.

Yes that is right, I had raised the question, because I wanted to know if Grand i10 A/T (either P or D) has been launched at all.

and there are rumors that it is also working on diesel automatic.
Yes there was and still is a rumor about Grand i10 Diesel Automatic, nut Hormazd Sorabjee said that Hyundai is unlikely to launch diesel i10 as Hyundai doesn't have a suitable AT gearbox for the 1.1 CRDi. Price is also likely to be steep, people might buy a booted sedan at the same price. The Grand i10 Diesel Manual is already expensive close to 8 lakhs on road in Bangalore. Diesel AT will be 85-90k more expensive. I doubt Hyundai will launch it. Petrol AT is available right now.

350Z

Core Team
Thread title has been updated. Nonetheless, sharing price list (Ex.showroom, Delhi) as well as the official press release of Grand i10 Petrol Automatic.

> Grand Sportz AT: Rs.564,852

> Grand Asta AT: Rs 5,92,001

Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMIL) the country’s largest exporter and second largest manufacturer today introduced the automatic transmission in recently launched Grand. Grand was launched in September this year and has received an overwhelming response with over 20,000 bookings and over 200,000 enquiries. Due to higher customer acceptance, within first month of its launch, Grand has achieved the mark of amongst the Top 5 highest selling models in India.

Noted for its durability, quite, convenient and smooth shifting characteristics, the 4-Speed automatic transmission of Grand will be offered in 1.2 ltr Kappa petrol. The smooth and effortless automatic transmission along with the optimal gear ratios promises best combination of performance and fuel economy. The solenoid valve on the AT ensures accurate and rapid shifting, the flat type torque converter offers responsive and sporty acceleration that make the driving experience smooth, convenient and exciting in different driving conditions.

The all-aluminum 1.2 litre Kappa AT petrol engine comes with Dual VTVT mechanism delivering 83PS@6,000rpm of maximum power and 11.6Kgm@4,000rpm of peak torque with 16.7 kmpl (ARAI figure) thus offering optimum combination of Power, Efficiency and Convenience.

Commenting on the introduction of Grand Automatic, Mr. Rakesh Srivastava, Sr. Vice President - Sales & Marketing, Hyundai Motor India Ltd, said, “We have launched the Grand in September this year and it has been extremely well received. We have conducted many product clinics and due to positive customer feedback the automatic transmission in Grand is introduced. The Grand automatic transmission further improves our value proposition offering smooth and effortless driving for customers. This will enhance the Modern, Sporty, Trendy and Progressive Styling of Hyundai brand in compact segment.”
Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi All,
This is from Hyundai i10 Grand manual.I think Diesel AT is on the cards.
IMG_20131118_234120.JPG
Courtesy of another forum.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Last edited:
I read a news on drivespark website that a diesel automatic launch would happen by 5th december. I do not know how much truth in this news, you can check the same on that website as I read it in its telugu version

That should be same as Verna CRDI A/T manual. But if Hyundai launches it they will have a clear winner at the hands. Pricing will be key. I think they would price it starting 6.5 lacs Ex showroom.

Top Bottom