Cheap Ceramic Car Polish

Thank you.
I have this car with me for the past 20 yrs and it is like some kind of attachment, though my run is very less for the past 4-5 yrs, hardly 1200 km per year. However for the past one year , it is something like about 1800 kms.

Every year I reserve some funds for the maintenance of my car, however from March 2017 till March 2018, I spent Rs 48000 plus for various tasks to keep my car more fit, more for smoother drive and especially to restore the original of 20 kmpl on highways but I was able to get only 18.3 kmpl after a span of 4-5 years, though I tried at many places to improve it and there was no success.

Last month I could achieve it at a new place as he did the right diagnosis and I am happy. The drive is very smooth, right idle rpm and no vibration at cold start, whenever I drive on highway, now I drive at 80 kms and sometimes even at 100 kms speed and it is very smooth drive. Steering is so smooth like a power steering kinda and clutch is also smooth now.However I maintain a safe speed of 60 kms most of the time.

Planning to change the mineral oil to synthetic oil after few months, so I can achieve my dream mileage of 20kmpl, which I used to get for the 1st 3 years in Pune and later for the 1st 3-4 yrs in Mangalore too.

Some points to add on and share:::::the 20 kmpl was with AC on all the time. The achieved Mileage of 18.3 kmpl now is without AC on.

From 2001 till 2013, I gave my car for servicing at only one place - MASS TAURAS which was a small car service station with 4 -5 employees, however he never cheated me any time and charges were reasonable those days. When he closed his business in 2013, I gave my car for the 1st time with his 2 ex- employees who started their won small service place. But I got cheated by them and that was the 1st n last time with them. Later for 3 years I gave my car at MASS - MANDOVI, the biggest in Mangalore, rates were higher, service was ok ok kinda.

When MANDOVI was not ready to do Engine oil flush in March 2017 as per their company policy, I got it done in a small place, just a km from my home. Later I got some other tasks done at that place but was not happy and he started to look at my old purse rather than good job. So went on changing places for various tasks like Underbody anti - rust coating, Carburetor O/H etc.

However in March 2018, I got a new place and did few tasks like Petrol tank cleaning, Steering O/H, Gear Box O/H, speedometer problem fix up etc and after doing all the tasks here, I restored 18.3 kmpl without AC after 4-5 years. May be it may still improve if I change from Mineral to Synthetic Oil next time.

Finding a genuine and honest Garage and Mechanic is a big task. And the Certified Service centres exploits this fact and charges higher for even nominal jobs.
I have my Uncle in Ajmer who owns a similar 20yr old M800, he maintains it the same way because he is Mechanic and owner of a garage.

Finding a genuine and honest Garage and Mechanic is a big task. And the Certified Service centres exploits this fact and charges higher for even nominal jobs.
I have my Uncle in Ajmer who owns a similar 20yr old M800, he maintains it the same way because he is Mechanic and owner of a garage.
Servicing of car is a money spinning business just like the private hospitals. Once you are inside the hospital, you are at their mercy and have no other choice but to go thru various tests if required or not::::::same way once you take your car to a authorized service station, they ask you to do many other things which you may or may not require. Hence once the car is out of warranty, best thing is to choose a reliable private auto garage whom you can trust and get the work done:::::it is wise to be present when some major services are done, so that on the spots decisions are taken to replace the parts, that too genuine ones.

My friends car has A to Z hard coded on his bonnet.[surprise]
Could you please tell, what does it mean A to Z coded on Bonnet, I could not get the point.

Im sorry to say this, I went back to check the title of the thread. Discussion is moving into off topic.
Im sorry Kichu, if I have disappointed you by slightly moving a bit side way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean A B C D .. upto Z. Scratched on the Bonet with sharp stone. [lol].
We are a bit off topic, but the discussion is still due the - Cheap Ceramic Car Polish!
We are feeling the effects of - Cheap Ceramic Car Polish!

Im sorry Kichu, if I have disappointed you by slightly moving a bit side way.
Hey shenoy, actually I like reading anything related to automobile, so no disappointment.

The point is, there can be many readers who reaches to our TAI threads while googling for the info they are looking for. So it will be very helpful for those people if we try to keep everything almost well organized. :)

Top Bottom