Used Car vs New Car Under ₹7.2 Lakh: Need Your Help To Finalize

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone

After alot of brainstorming.. I thought why not ask the experts at automotive India

I would Really Love some Guidance from everyone here

Cars to consider

- used Honda city 2018

- used 3-4 lakh car on spinny card24etc Honda 2017 jazz was there for 5 lacs

- new tata punch /exter /amaze/swift / any good car under 7.2 On road price

I was being sold a 2018 Honda city 1.5 S MT (I VTEC) it's owned by national insurance company. A mechanic whom we knew was selling it saying insurance officer wants to sell it. I later on did research from Honda dealers and saw the odometer reading was 98k and not the 47k that was shown and it had gone to bodyshop for windshield and bumper in 2020 no major work

I felt a little cheated as this was not told to me.. Supposedly my mechanic said he was not aware.. Later on he said that the insurance people do it to get more fuel reimbursement and it's not been driven that much.. Cz I have records. Between a few months here was sudden jump in km.

Car seems fine but I am not an expert.. Now they gave it to a dealer who doesn't talk well and refuses to budge under Rs 6.4 lakh he has gotten 10k insurance done. Earlier I was getting at almost 6.10lac this also seems to be a base model

I had read insurance people sometimes sell flooded or bad cars.. Although my mechanic checked it and the car seems all fine

My second option was wanting a skoda rapid but can't find one except a diesel and i am preferring petrol

Parents are saying to get a new swift vxi which will cost 7.3 - 7.5 lakh on road including everything

I am wanting to get the exter or try tata punch

Or it was get a 3-4 second hand car.. Spinny had kwid and even a Kiger for 5.5 lac but it's sold out.. I don't know how safe csrs24 and card dekho is but I wil definitely take a mechanic to check

WE need a car a little quick as then I don't have a car and folks drive a dzire which I had.. I live in another city

There is a Honda city 2018 S on spinny 7.2 lacs

Thread Starter #3

If I am in your shoe, with that kind of money to spare, I will definitely go for a new car.
Thank you for replying.. I just checked exter today.. Tata punch.. Honda amaze.. I wish that Honda city used was legit.. Thing is I don't feel like buying new car...some personal problems.. And my total savings are 3.5 lacs in the bank excluding the 1.5 lac gold.
Iam yet to get married.. And in a struggling time of life.. At the age of 32..when I saw the families clapping together.. I felt that moment deserves a better time and a better car.. When iam in a better place

More when you buy a new car.. Jaan pe khelke dhyan rakhna padta.. Iam living on rent where everyone parks their cars outside parks.. Where it might get scratched

For now exter(S not base) felt okay but it's 8.3 lacs on road after all discounts.. Amaze S variant (mid) is 7.7lac (overall good)
Tata punch adventure is 7.5 lac. Didn't drive it but exter felt more premium

Iam seeing Renault kwids on spinny for 3.2-4 lacs and I already have 3.6 lacs too spend from previous car and bike sold

Tempted try a 2015 Vento diesel automatic 77000km diesel for 3.59 lacs on car wale.com.but i dont know if the VW will give me major expenses later

350Z

Core Team
Thank you for replying.. I just checked exter today.. Tata punch.. Honda amaze.. I wish that Honda city used was legit.. Thing is I don't feel like buying new car...some personal problems.. And my total savings are 3.5 lacs in the bank excluding the 1.5 lac gold.
Hi there. You’re welcome to The Automotive India. New car will assure peace of mind while a second-hand car will offer bang for the buck if you find a neat example which in itself is a tedious task. You may consider a used car if you’re on a tight budget but make sure to be clear on exact requirements first. The benefit of purchasing from dealers is that cars are refurbished and prevent the ownership transfer hassle, but odometer tampering is always likely. Anyways, avoid high-run used cars and always perform a thorough check. BTW Just FYI I’m selling off a well-maintained Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi: Ford Fiesta Classic For Sale - The Automotive India Marketplace.

Tempted try a 2015 Vento diesel automatic 77000km diesel for 3.59 lacs on car wale.com.but i dont know if the VW will give me major expenses later
Personally speaking, I’d stay away from this combination in the used car market: High Run + Diesel + DSG + Volkswagen.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Honda City is the sweet spot in the segment.
You can also look at it's competitors Toyota Yaris, ciaz, Verna, as well as it's siblings the amaze and jazz.

Personally I bought an etios liva vx last year for 5.6. I test drove altroz, punch, i20 etc and didn't like them that much. I would have bought the Honda City but I don't have that much parking space. I helped my dad in law buy a used one for 10+ (top end zx)

Top Bottom