Tata Manza Ownership Experience: Eighth Year

Re: After One Year - Manza Ownership Experience

Glad you enjoyed your trip and your drive.

I see that you still have the sunfilms on.

How is it in your city. Is the RTO running a campaign against it over there?
Even i have not taken out my sunfilm, though the film is more than 70% transparent (My guess). I will take it out some time later.

@HR: How about you? Is your sunfilm out from your car?

Anyways the govt rule is NO SUNFILM forget about the % if transparency. Hope the petition filed against it goes in the favor of the sunfil with some changes. Using pitch dark sunfilms is really unhealthy practice.

@ manza class

I saw the rto pulling up cars in Bangalore (TV9). And I saw police catching even light tinted cars in Chennai.

So I got the side and rear films (SP35) removed by 3M HSR layout free of charge. But my front CR70 still stays.

After removing the films, I noticed that Manza come with lightly tinted glass - I think 10%.

I have the mesh screens that I bought long time back from the venders who sell them at traffic signals and they are quite effective. I can use them for long drives.
Plan to buy a couple more of them.

Thread Starter #213

Wow... Great to hear positive feedback on Manza. I have also completed 7500KM on my Manza and by God's grace its doing justice to its image

Your Manza is looking awesome in this pic.
Glad you enjoyed your trip and your drive.

I see that you still have the sunfilms on.

How is it in your city. Is the RTO running a campaign against it over there?
Thanks manza_class and Highway Ranger.

That picture was taken in Kerala.

During my entire trip of 5000 km through 5 states and 1 UT, nobody asked about the sunfilm. Films in my car are light coloured and interior is visible from outside. It looks dark in that picture due to glare or shade.

@ manza class

I saw the rto pulling up cars in Bangalore (TV9). And I saw police catching even light tinted cars in Chennai.

So I got the side and rear films (SP35) removed by 3M HSR layout free of charge. But my front CR70 still stays.

After removing the films, I noticed that Manza come with lightly tinted glass - I think 10%.

I have the mesh screens that I bought long time back from the venders who sell them at traffic signals and they are quite effective. I can use them for long drives.
Hmmm... great. I will also do something like that this weekend. Not sure how Manza will look when tints are off.

Thread Starter #215

It was a test of luggage carrying capacity while coming back to Daman from Kerala.

Distance about 1700 km
Travelling time was 24 hours.

It took 20 minutes of planning and more than 30 minutes of loading time to accomodate all those luggage inside the car with re arrangement, re packing etc.

No of persons: 5 (3 adults and two children)
Luggage:
Cloths - almost 40 kg (for our one month tour and new cloths added after shopping.
Cooking oil - 25 kg
Coconut, Rice, Mangoes, vegetables , utensils and other similar stuff - 150 kg
Kerala Chips - 8 kg (to be protected from other luggage)
Water, cool drinks, food etc - 20 kg.
Other misc items packed - 10 kg.
Shoes, sandals etc - 8 pairs
Additionally there were books, magazines and toys.

Utilised space with maximum efficiency considering the protrusions and hinge levers inside the boot. Cabin space also used once the boot was filled to the brim.

Oh God, this is to the MAXIMUM I believe... Hope the car didnt sink down[confused]

Also how was the behaviour on humps and bad roads?

Was there any drastic changes in car's behaviour once it was loaded to the brim?

Thread Starter #218

Oh God, this is to the MAXIMUM I believe... Hope the car didnt sink down[confused]

Also how was the behaviour on humps and bad roads?
Was there any drastic changes in car's behaviour once it was loaded to the brim?
Manza did not sink down.

In humps and bad roads it was as normal as it was like my daily drive to office.

There was no change in car's behaviour or performance.

We could cover a distance of 1700 km within 24 hours. In the road it was heavy traffic due to vacation travel and there were several traffic jams after Satara till Mumbai.

Can you tell me, where we can get Mesh screens in Chennai?..

Can you tell me, where we can get Mesh screens in Chennai?..
The mesh that I am talking about is the one with suction cups - shown in the picture below

Should be available an any accessory shop. Got mine from a vender selling it st signals. You can find a lot of these venders in Bangalore signals.

I bought mine at the Koyambadu signal while reaching Chennai long time ago before the flyover was built.

The suction cups don't work any more. But, by lowering the window glass a little and raising it up with the mesh poked at the groove at the top fixes the mesh in place and it is pretty effective.

The mesh that I am talking about is the one with suction cups - shown in the picture below

Should be available an any accessory shop. Got mine from a vender selling it st signals. You can find a lot of these venders in Bangalore signals.

I bought mine at the Koyambadu signal while reaching Chennai long time ago before the flyover was built.

The suction cups don't work any more. But, by lowering the window glass a little and raising it up with the mesh poked at the groove at the top fixes the mesh in place and it is pretty effective.
Even I too saw vender when I'm using my Black Indica in Chennai & B'lore .. at that time I doesn't want that.. Now for My Vista I need those things..

Thanks for the Info, Will checkit out in GP road[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #222

Some time ago leftside ORVM was broken (due to an agressive auto rikshaw) while driving inside the City.

Replaced the same at TASS.

A full set replacement is required (including the adjustment mechanism - it is a manually operated one for Aqua model)

OVRM spare is available only in black colour.

Bodyshop guy just took one from the spare stores and told me he will colour it keep ready by nest day for fitting.

Next day I did not even entered the Service center gate. Car was parked outside and they fitted the ORVM.

Bill was like Rs 771 for the ORVM full set including Taxes and Rs 800 for painting.

Total expenditure of Rs 1571.

Autosafari,

Manza was on my mind when I went shopping last year. Car looks good, grown up, big inside out and loaded with features with reliable Fiat MJD engine. TASS is not that bad but just bad publicity.

I dropped Manza due to two facts, I was looking for compact car for 95% city commutation due to parking hassle in Delhi and second; my friend own Manza ABS and Figo top variant both diesel and he is utterly satisfied with Figo's handling, high speed stability, steering feedback and build quality. Manza has lot of rattles sounds and beyond 100 car behave like boat though creature comfort is the best. I drove both cars and went with Figo. Had it been non metro city, I would have gone for Manza for space it offer.
Great car.

Thread Starter #225

Brandoo,

You are right. Manza is a very good car to own and drive.

With practice and after getting used to it, I am not finding any issue in driving a Manza in crowded streets whether in Bangalore or inside the narrow market roads in Vadodara, Coimbatore, Daman or for that matter in any City.

Regarding the boat type ride you felt at above 100 kmph, I assume its on uneven roads. To be practical most of won't take our car beyond 100 kmph in those type of roads.

Our driver took it to 165 and beyond upto 170 in NH4. Most of the time we were cruising at 140 kmph in some nice stretches of NH4 (Bangalore - Pune). It was quite pliant and we don't know about the speed unless we look at the speedometer.

Manza_class,

It was a good experience at the Service center for a change.
I wish there will be a time when Service Centers all over the country would provide satisfactory service to all customers all the time.

Top Bottom