Review: Morel Maximo 6 MKII Component Speakers

Thread Starter #1

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII_02.jpg

Honestly, I missed those ecstatic sound experience from OE speakers !

I have decided to have a true component speaker – a dedicated Woofer & Tweeter unit in place of OE NIPPON Full Range Speakers in the front first.

I preferred a warm sound signature that sounds natural, ear friendly & of soothing quality - slightly recessed highs and moderately enhanced mids and lows.

Some beautiful names (Audison Prima - Morel Tempo Ultra 602- Steg ) of popular SQ speakers started flowing over my thought process…
but controlled, realizing my limitation and also for the reason that they need extra Amplifier / DSP to exploit its full potential and of course, beyond my budget.[sad]

My budget was 6 to 7 K, I felt Morel Maximo 6 MKII would be the best after careful analysis.

The local stores were quoting Rs. 8500. The online price is Rs. 7000. (MRP @ Rs.9990/-)

I desired to do it myself as I wanted to place the MOREL TWEETERS at the best of my liking spot after studying various standard locations.

Ordered:
I placed order from this SHOP (AJAY CAR ACCESSORIES, VIKAS PURI, NEW DELHI, MOBILE: 9811386389) as my earlier experiences made him reasonable and trust worthy.
He just charged Rs.6000 + 300 (Shipping)

Received:
Received the package within 4 days and, to my surprise he added one pair of speaker adopter cable and one pair of speaker spacers free of cost!
The speakers are of really good quality, with necessary screws, wire clips and securely packed.

MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII_05.jpg

MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII_11.jpg

Positioned:
Four Different Placement Locations were analyzed for the tweeters.
  • OE location - “sail” panel. This is the area in the corner of the door between the body of the car and the window.
  • On the outer edges of your dashboard
  • On the upper front doors as a flush-mounted tweeter
  • ‘A’ pillar, the section of the car between windshield and the door, as a surface-mounted tweeter.
The best sounding spot to my ears is found as extreme end of A pillar. I could make facing towards the center of the passenger seat and the driver seat. It helps to make the sound of both tweeters reach the ears of the user at the same time providing an ecstatic experience. No drill, fixed the tweeters to rest on the BUTYL POLYMER rubberised adhesive gathered from wasted damping sheet.[glasses]

MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII_08.jpg

MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII_07.jpg

MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII_09.jpg

Experienced:
Wow, what a wonderful sound. I really loved them sounding the way I wanted! [cheers]
I am hearing instruments which details I never heard before.
It’s really worth spending.

What is interesting those front OE Nippon speakers were of 4 ohms / 25 Watts. Morel Maximo 6 Mkii Components are 4 Ohms / 90 W Max driven by OE Head Unit (HARMAN) without aftermarket Amplifier.

Actually I was skeptical as this speaker would be under powered, but, they were not!

Also,
Though I thought of changing the rear OE NIPPON Full Range speakers later, I did not.
I was very much impressed with the present combination as rear speakers are primarily "fill-in" speakers meant to augment the front speakers.

Verdict: Highly Recommended
I have them installed in fully dampened doors. Once they started to break, they became flat; but after a few weeks of use they started to settle in and became fantastic.

The tweeters are very detailed, accurate and by no means is this a harsh sounding tweeter. Vocals are performed superbly as are acoustic instruments.

If you have a tight budget and looking to build a SQ based audio system, then you can't go wrong with Morel Maximo 6 MKII Components & you will be surprised with what they’re capable of even with a OE Head Unit.

Dont Miss to Read :
My DIY Procedure HERE: MY IGNIS : AUDIO UPGRADE WITH MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII COMPONENT SPEAKERS!
My Detailed Guide HERE:
1. Guide: All About Car Audio, Android Units, DSP & Buyer Upgrade Basics!
2. Guide: How To Pick Soul Soothing Music While Driving

............ Shall post the real time AUDIO SAMPLES next [:D]

Last edited:

Top Bottom