New Cheap Car vs Old Expensive Car?

Thread Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I always had this dilemma and also saw a couple of posts between different price bracket cars, Hopefully soon I might be buying a new car and I'm quite confused. For eg I can see a few Ciaz or City in market between 2015 - 2017 in a price range of 5 to 6 lakhs, but also in a close price bracket you get new cars such as low variants of wagon r or Citroen C3. How does these both segments compare? An older used C segment sedan reliability and quality ( ride and body ) to a new hatchbacks. Would an older sedan still be able to work flawlessly for 5 years and vice versa.

350Z

Core Team
How does these both segments compare? An older used C segment sedan reliability and quality ( ride and body ) to a new hatchbacks. Would an older sedan still be able to work flawlessly for 5 years and vice versa.
New-like second hand cars can be a great bargain if one is fortunate enough to stumble upon a decent unit. However, regardless of how well-maintained the car is, be prepared to shell out for the unexpected expenses. It also depends whether one really needs the additional size and space they have to offer. On the flip side, new cars in the same range assure peace of mind due to novelty factor and will be more affordable to maintain too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Well i am looking at the tata punch cng, same price as a used sedan and it's tata so safety is definitely there

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I also suggest to go for a new Car instead of used car if your plan is to use the car for long periods.

Here is a video review by AutoTrend (TAI member) for your ready reference.

//

Thread Starter #5
Well guys, tysm for your input. Although it made sense going for a new car the budget was not helping out. So I got a 2015 Honda City for 4.5 lakhs. Sounds good??

350Z

Core Team
Well guys, tysm for your input. Although it made sense going for a new car the budget was not helping out. So I got a 2015 Honda City for 4.5 lakhs. Sounds good??
Congrats. Price sounds reasonable but it also depends on the car’s condition, mileage etc. Do tell us more about the car by creating a seperate ownership review.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
Congrats. Price sounds reasonable but it also depends on the car’s condition, mileage etc. Do tell us more about the car by creating a seperate ownership review.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thank you so much friend for the congratulations, The car seems to be pretty good for now and received thumbs up with all my trusted mechanic and petrol head friends, How long do you reckon I can retain the car for ? I would love to make an ownership review, But for now drafting an ownership review for 1 year with my hunter 350

Top Bottom