How To Remove Vermilion / Turmeric Stains From Car

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
My car is a week old and received its first wash today. Unfortunately, what I dreaded has become true. The vermillion / turmeric used during the pooja has left some tough stains on the hood which aren’t leaving despite efforts. I don’t want to use rubbing compound on a new car. What are other solutions? I’m sure fellow members would have experienced this at some point. An old post suggests using shampoo. I’ll try it tomorrow.
Hey White-Rhino , for the paste on bonnet use any shampoo with water and rub it off with a soft cloth it works.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
An old post suggests using shampoo. I’ll try it tomorrow.
I tried this method but it didn’t work. The stains are pretty light. Hopefully they’ll disappear after a few washes.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have been using the product ''Waterless Wash + Polish'' from AutoLuster since last 4 years (though the it mentions that 'Best from 12 months from the date of manufacturing' [roll] ).
From my experience it removed many stains including light bird droppings and very minor scratches from roadside bushy plants or small tree branches (trail rashes).

Just spray it, leave it for a minute then buff with a microfiber cloth (do repeated spraying and buffing if the stain is old). It worked for me.

Polish.jpg

///

I tried this method but it didn’t work. The stains are pretty light. Hopefully they’ll disappear after a few washes.
It depends on concentration of shampoo and most of car shampoos are mild to prevent damage to car paint finish. May be you can try mixture of vinegar and baking soda with little water and see if it helps but I hesitate to use any of these chemicals on brand new car.

Chemicals in turmeric will etch deep into the clear coat and we are only able to clean the top surface. Even abrasive polish or compound won't help if the etching is too deep.

However, the stain will get dull overtime along with the clear coat so if it doesn't bother you then you can leave it as is. [:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom