Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Thread Starter #826
AMAZE is with hydraulic power steering? Brio has got hydraulic assisted clutch system and it is with EPS, i thought amaze is also having the same
That was a wrong information from my side. Saw the Hydraulic fluid container and thought that would be for the steering. But it's not, as you said it's for the clutch. But the steering still gives a very good feedback and get's hard once past 100 kmph. How is that possible? Even though the steering is not Hydraulic one, it's not like the Hyundai's not-so-confident steering. How is that possible ?[confused]

Very sorry to all, my actual post should have been like this
Anyone has installed fog lamp which comes in VMT in the SMT variant, Sundaram had informed that they do not have the same as after market accessories
Well, i think it's possible. The fog lamps can be sticked to the bumber of SMT . The whole Fog Lamp Housing. Saw an SMT variant with Fog lamps.

Thanks for replying Vishnu. So all that I observed and thought would be issues seem to be normal behaviour.
Point noted for the seat covers, will be checking some out during weekend and update.

For this issue do you think underbody rubber coating will help? Maybe something that 3M offers?
I haven't done the under body yet[frustration] i will be doing it asap, and i totally forgot about this thing. I think they can make a very minute change .

Regarding EPS, Ford has best steering setups

I support that. I felt the same confidence with amaze and ended up thinking that Amaze also got the Hydraulic steering which i was wrong[frustration]

That said, does brio/amaze have hydraulic assist steering? I thought it was electronic power steering???
It is EPS itself. You're 100% correct.

Anti rust done from 3M Gurgaon. Seems to be a good option.

They have charged Rs. 2000 for the same with 2 year warranty....
i'll be doing it in the coming week from 3M dealer here. They've quoted 1990 rs for 5 years. Along with a 500 rs washing charges. That makes it all around 2500 rs for 5 years.

Can that be some mold? Have you inspected the Cabin air filter if you have one installed?
Mold In the air filter ? Is it supposed to be happening in all other cars ? i have never heard anyone saying so.

Door sill from Snapdeal is not good. I bought it and it last only till first service. After washing the water goes into the LED. Please do not install door sill. Its waste of money and waste of time.

Make Sure Vishnu 3M will give you warranty card of 5 year and free checkups in every 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #828
Door sill from Snapdeal is not good. I bought it and it last only till first service. After washing the water goes into the LED. Please do not install door sill. Its waste of money and waste of time.....
Mine gone in the 3rd service. Problem was the same and the worst thing is that the panels onto which the sills were sticked got rusted and i've done a repaint [frustration]

Make Sure Vishnu 3M will give u warranty card of 5 year and free checkups in every 6 months.
Here they aren't providing the 6 months checkup. If it's gone in the warranty time, they will do another coat for free.That's it.

Thread Starter #829
DIY Rear Speakers Change

For completing the Audio setup in my car , i had to change the stock rear 4" speakers of Amaze. There was a Major problem with that. Only 4" speakers can be used on the rear of amaze because a metal rod is passing right under the magnet area and any bigger size will have a deeper magnet and hence it wont fit.

DSC07076.JPG

DSC07077.JPG

After a lot of searching finally came up with this.

JBL - CS-5C 5 1/4'' Component system. This was available in Snapdeal and it isn't available now. Probably i would've bought the last piece. The production of this model is being stopped .

DSC07092.JPG

Starting the DIY[evil]

Remove the Seats

DSC07075.JPG

DSC07079.JPG

DSC07080.JPG

DSC07081.JPG

DSC07082.JPG

Remove the Rear parcel tray.

DSC07083.JPG

Unscrew the bolts .

DSC07084.JPG

DSC07085.JPG

Tadaaah !! [frustration] 4" crappy OEM

DSC07090.JPG

DSC07091.JPG

Checking the size of the 5-1/4". It was very tight.

DSC07089.JPG

DSC07093.JPG

DSC07094.JPG

DSC07096.JPG

Crossover

DSC07097.JPG

DSC07100.JPG

DSC07101.JPG

Tweeter's

DSC07098.JPG

DSC07099.JPG

It can be mounted either of the two ways shown here.

DSC07102.JPG

Very tight clearance.

DSC07103.JPG

Drilled the tweeter's in the C panels.

DSC07109.JPG

DSC07106.JPG

Perfectly Fitted.

DSC07111.JPG

The overall feel inside the cabin has been increased phenomenally. Now i have got 4 speaker's and 4 tweeter's [evil]

Mine gone in the 3rd service. Problem was the same and the worst thing is that the panels onto which the sills were sticked got rusted and i've done a repaint [frustration]

Here they aren't providing the 6 months checkup. If it's gone in the warranty time, they will do another coat for free.That's it.
They have to provide you the card and 6 months free checkup. Thats the 3M Policy.

Some noise coming from the back when i hit some speed breaker or driving in bad roads. Any idea. I have my car. No loose items but it was still there.

Thread Starter #834
They have to provide you the card and 6 months free checkup. Thats the 3M Policy.....
Yes, i got the 5 year warranty card and a 6 months checkup is there till 5 years.

Some noise coming from the back when i hit some speed breaker or driving in bad roads. Any idea. I have my car. No loose items.. but it was still there....
What kind of noise is it ? something broke ?

That's amazing running in amaze. how is the suspension of amaze, when i recently drove the NHC and amaze, NHC was much better to drive in rough roads, what is your view ??
The suspension of amaze is pretty good. That is a comparison between classes. A premium Sedan and a Sub 4m sedan. There should be some differences.[:)]

what about the system... Have you changed the 2 din? or using the same provided by Honda.
Using the OEM Head unit.

Using the OEM Head unit.Vishnu nice work. How is the sound quality now?

PS-Recently noticed my steering is a bit off centre, not sure what happened. Will show to ASS while second service next week. When its tilted by abt 5 degrees to the right the car drives straight. This is annoying[frustration]

Can i fit component speakers in front and rear. Will i get the perfect sound without installing Amplifier.

Thread Starter #837
Using the OEM Head unit.

Vishnu nice work. How is the sound quality now?

PS-Recently noticed my steering is a bit off centre, not sure what happened. Will show to ASS while second service next week. When its tilted by abt 5 degrees to the right the car drives straight. This is annoying[frustration]
The sound quality is very good.

Very well, i had the same problem. There was a pull towards the left side, that is when the steering is kept straight it's a bit off to left and what they've done is re aligned the steering a bit off to right so, when ever the car goes straight it's a bit turned to right[frustration]

Can i fit component speakers in front and rear. Will i get the perfect sound without installing Amplifier..............
i've done it. i've kept components in front and back. do check my post. You will get enough clarity without an amp, but an amp surely will make difference.

The sound quality is very good.

Very well, i had the same problem. There was a pull towards the left side, that is when the steering is kept straight it's a bit off to left and what they've done is re aligned the steering a bit off to right so, when ever the car goes straight it's a bit turned to right[frustration]

i've done it. i've kept components in front and back. do check my post. You will get enough clarity without an amp, but an amp surely will make difference.
Is it worth installing components without amp as i am not interested to install amp.

I have done 10,000 KMS on My Amaze SMT I-Dtech and she is due for her third service. Had some problems in the beginning but constant followup with the service station solved most of it.
I have been driving a diesel car for almost 7 years now (Fiat Petra 1.9 D and Innova) and what bothers me the most is the quality of the diesel fuel available at the filling stations. I tried to narrow down to a few reputed filling stations who would give a good quality diesel but the quality never remains constant. Even the most reputed station would pour really bad quality diesel 1 out of every 5 times at an average. You can easily feel from the sound of the engine that somthign wrong has entered the chamber. It is really really bad for the injectors of the car. I recently spent a wooping 30K rupees on my innova for some problem in the injectors caused due to bad diesel.
The Question: What is your opinion about using some diesel additives in Amaze which claim to clean the diesel and keep the injectors in good shape. Some examples could be System-D or the Abro Diesel Fuel Treatment

Top Bottom