Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Thread Starter #706
Vehicle is still running good and the engine nvh has gone down considerably.
Mileage hovers around 17 and highway is 19 with 100% ac and heavy foot driving.
One problem cropped up with my breaks again.
At speeds above 120 there is vibration in in car when brake is applied.
Disks need to be changed or skimmed maybe.
i too have the vibration problem with my amaze. I think that's how it should be working.

can someone please elaborate the service charges for 20k service for Honda Amaze Diesel.
Mine is up for 20k service. Will post once it's done, detailed.

VIshnu, Thankyou for such amazing ownership review and thanks for keeping the thread alive and updated with some really cool DIY's.

Your ownership review was one major factor in me going for Amaze Diesel (SMT).

I am new to driving and this is my first car. I have one question for you (or any other forum member can answer). When I am stopping on a slope while going uphill and then when I try to move the car uphill I do not use handbrake and also no accelerator. All I use is brakepedal and clutch. While brake is pressed I release clutch upto a point when car starts pulling and then release brake. Once car is in motion I then use the gas. Can anyone please let me know if thus is wrong method of moving uphill?
I don't think this is wrong, as i also uses to play along with the clutch and brake on a uphill, but make sure that you are giving enough gas once the car start's moving. Don't make the engine knock as it is bad for the engine.

Amazing, thats some driving! What makes you drive so much, do you go to trips or something every weekend?

Meantime, i smashed 25k on ma honda brio yesterday,, but that was in 15 months [frustration]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think this is wrong, as i also uses to play along with the clutch and brake on a uphill, but make sure that you are giving enough gas once the car start's moving. Don't make the engine knock as it is bad for the engine.
Thanks for clarifying. I will makw sure to prevent engine from knocking.

That was a very busy week[;)]

8 Months 11days[evil]

View attachment 130144
Amazing, thats some driving! What makes u drive so much, do u go to trips or something every weekend?

Meantime, i smashed 25k on ma honda brio yesterday,, but that was in 15 months [frustration]
Wow I feel bad about myself, 40 kms in 20 days. I did learn driving in a driving school here in Pune, but I am too afraid to drive in Pune' traffic. Hope I overcome this fear soon.

Thanks for clarifying. I will make sure to prevent engine from knocking.

Wow I feel bad about myself, 40 kms in 20 days. I did learn driving in a driving school here in Pune, but I am too afraid to drive in Pune' traffic. Hope I overcome this fear soon.
initially, running will be low, once you get the hang of it, it will be very high [clap]

Thread Starter #711
Amazing, thats some driving! What makes u drive so much, do u go to trips or something every weekend?

i used to commute almost 140 kms a day[evil]

Thanks for clarifying. I will makw sure to prevent engine from knocking.

Once you started to get the feel of it, it will be addictive[;)]

Thread Starter #713
20,000 kms Service Update

Update :

Done the 4th paid service of my Amaze. The picture of bill is being attached to get a correct view of what all consumable have been changed.
Fuel Filter was not changed cause they were not having stock.[frustration]
They're claiming it's the first amaze which has came for the 20k km's service in Trivandrum[evil]

Problems Fixed:
  1. Glove Box vibration. 3M tapes to the rescue. Problem solved.
  2. Gear shifts are now extra butter smooth. Just a tap is all that you need.
  3. There where some alignment issues. The car tend to pull towards the left side while no hands are on the steering. Problem Solved.
  4. Vehicle body vibration when hard braking on 3 digit speeds. Rotor's were polished. Problem Partially solved.
  5. All 4 tires were rotated and alignment check done.

DSC_0249.jpg

Bill Close Up

DSC06987.JPG

2k for the labor alone[confused]

DSC06988.JPG

Total Bill amount for the 20k service was Rs 4995 excluding the rate of the fuel filter.

Re: 20,000 kms Service Update

Update :

Done the 4th paid service of my Amaze. The picture of bill is being attached to get a correct view of what all consumable have been changed.
Fuel Filter was not changed cause they were not having stock.[frustration]
They're claiming it's the first amaze which has came for the 20k km's service in Trivandrum[evil]

View attachment 130421

Bill Close Up

View attachment 130419

2k for the labor alone[confused]

View attachment 130420

Total Bill amount for the 20k service was Rs 4995 excluding the rate of the fuel filter.
Vishnu,

5K for 20K service is pretty reasonable. Long RUN !
BTW, do you use any special windshield fluid?

Thread Starter #718
Three months and My Amaze SMT I-Dtech is due for its second service. Problems faced so far:
1. Rattling noise form the right A-Pillar
2. The music player does not support all pen drives, where as the same pen drive works fine on my Toyota Innova
3. The engine NVH levels in the cabin have increased. Sitting in the front driver seat (when my brother is driving) sometimes it feels like I am travelling in an old state transport bus
4. When the engine is hot, the car vibrates like hell with a sudden jerk when you turn on/off the engine
5. When i turn off the engine, I get a crackling sound somewhere under the battery; something like a broken/loose mounting

I am not sure if many people are facing these issues or I am the only one, but it definitely makes me doubt about the Honda quality

Three months and My Amaze SMT I-Dtech is due for its second service. Problems faced so far:
1. Rattling noise form the right A-Pillar
2. The music player does not support all pen drives, where as the same pen drive works fine on my Toyota Innova
3. The engine NVH levels in the cabin have increased. Sitting in the front driver seat (when my brother is driving) sometimes it feels like I am travelling in an old state transport bus
4. When the engine is hot, the car vibrates like hell with a sudden jerk when you turn on/off the engine
5. When i turn off the engine, I get a crackling sound somewhere under the battery; something like a broken/loose mounting

I am not sure if many people are facing these issues or I am the only one, but it definitely makes me doubt about the Honda quality
Typo error:
The engine NVH levels in the cabin have increased. Sitting in the front ***Passenger seat (when my brother is driving) sometimes it feels like I am travelling in an old state transport bus

Top Bottom