Help: Connecting DTH STB To 5.1 HT To TV

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
My existing 2.1 HT system giving trouble so I am interested in connecting other HT which was used for other TV (and now idling) and for that I need some assistance.

Connection needed from TATA Play STB to Samsun HD TV and then to Sony Blu-Ray Home theatre 5.1 system.

How the connection is to set up?

From some searches, I got a solution like:

STB HDMI OUT > Sony HT HDMI IN
Sony HT HDMI OUT > TV HDMI IN (which supports ARC)

Guys do you think the above setup will work and if not, what are other alternatives?

Await your comments

////

Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thanks CRACING.

I tried the way as pointed out by me in post no.1, but it didn't work because Sony HT AV receiver not equipped with an HDMI IN port.

So, I tried using a RCA cable connecting Red & white to Tata Play STB and then the other end to HT AV receiver and working fine.

Last edited:
Thanks CRACING.

I tried the way as pointed out by me in post no.1, but it didn't work because Sony HT AV receiver not equipped with an HDMI IN port.

So, I tried using a RCA cable connecting Red & white to Tata Play STB and then the other end to HT AV receiver and working fine.
Oh okay. Another way is to connect parallelly. i.e HT to TV HDMI IN (Arc) and STB to TV HDMI IN. You may also need to enable "Anynet + (HDMI CEC) " in settings.

HDMI Arc.jpeg

RCA connection is also fine but I doubt the sound effect will be as good as digital connection.

Thread Starter #5

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Another way is to connect parallelly. i.e HT to TV HDMI IN (Arc) and STB to TV HDMI IN. You may also need to enable "Anynet + (HDMI CEC) " in settings.
Thanks. I feel the present set up seems okay for me and happy with it now. [:)]

(In case the HT is not switched on, then we can just hear the sound from the TV only. switch on the HT only if needed to enjoy the 5.1 sound).

Top Bottom