Car Illumination Wire

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys.

I have Sony Xav-8000 installed in my creta; it doesn’t have its orange/white striped (illumination) wire connected to anything. Consequently when i turn on the head lights of the car the stereo does not dim its brightness (I have set auto mode from the settings). Where do i connect this illumination wire so that my stereo gets dim when i turn on the headlight.

Thank you

Hi
Assuming the head unit just has 1 step dimming you need to connect to a wire that feeds the side lights. Your head unit will dim when you have the side, dip or main beam turned on.
Variable dimming using the dash board rotary dim wheel is much more difficult. Most after market head units only have 1 step dimming, and many don't "dim" very much.
Look for an orange wire (sometimes it is a white wire) in the original head unit wiring. That usually controls the dimming function. Check the voltage of the wire with a meter and see if it changes when you turn the lights on.
Regards Neil

You can tap the parking light wire for illumination, if your car does not have it already. The HU will dim the moment parking lights are on

Top Bottom