All-New Mahindra Thar: Ownership Review

Hi john, hope you are doing well. Please help me out. I purchased a thar 2023 petrol automatic. Completed 1000km on it. After i crossed 900 km i started hearing a clicking sound from under the passenger seat, its not too loud. It clicks whenever the car is moving on bumpy roads or any slight bumps on highway. It makes like a squeaky/clicking sound i keep trying to hear where exactly its coming from and i always feel its coming from under the seats as if some nut needs lubricating. Please help me out.

Thread Starter #125
I sometime find the A/C cuts off when clutch is pressed and driving in traffic. Have any of you faced such situations?

I have faced a different issue a couple of times. The rear door starts emitting a subdued juddering noise after a few rumblers have been taken at a little higher than normal speed. After a visit to Royal Motors Service centre at Kalikapur, Kolkata, the noise was rectified by retightening/adjusting the stepney securing nuts. On gentle enquiry with the technical staff I was given to understand that the issue is due to the shorter height of the rear door (the rest of the height is taken up by the glass portion opening upwards, and not sideways). This reduced height of the steel part pf the rear door has apparently not been strengthened enough to compensate for the weight of the stepney. And according to the Kalikapur service centre, the issue has been reported by other owners also.

The rationalizing is quite normal. What is unusual is Mahindra not doing their sums right, assuming Kalikapur is right with their explanation. I hope that Mahindra have sorted out the issue on their 5-door version of the Thar due to be launched soon.

Top Bottom