Tata Tigor: Crosslink Wheels 360° Camera Installation

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
360 deg Camera installation - update

After a gap of about 15 days, again I have started searching a new Android unit for my car and visited a couple of accessory shops little away from my home area (35/40 kms one way drive). One shop has only unbranded Chinese products which I haven't shown any interest and then visited another shop.

The new shop has the stock of two brands i.e. Musimo and Nakamichi NAM5510. Musimo is just a basic model with 2/16 GB and not fit for 360 deg camera set up.

Nakamichi NAM5510 comes with 4GB/64GB RAM/ROM and the all inclusive price they quoted was Rs.37500/-. The problem with them was that they have only one installer and they wanted more than 12 hours to complete the job and another couple of hours for the damping sheet installation which means I have to drop the vehicle with them and go again the next day to pick up it. No decision taken.

Next day, while going to the market in my scooter I found a small shop just a kilometer away from my home (which I have seen many times but never anticipated they do the 360 deg camera installation work) and thought of giving a visit.To my surprise, they have two brands in stock, i.e. Nakamichi 4/64 and Motor Joy 2/32GB. The shop guy explained to me that Motorjoy is the brand supplying to the Maruti Suzuki company and they have been in business for more than 40 years. This shop themselves have installed many units and haven't received any complaints from customers so far.

All inclusive rates for MotorJoy is Rs.25000 and Nakamichi Rs.38000/- . Further, they are ready to keep my old Blaupunkt stereo with them and try to push it if someone comes looking for 2nd hand stereo unit. The shop has got Blaupunkt damping sheet, which costs Rs.850 per sheet.

The shop guy has also given me a suggestion that buy expensive units only if I am there to keep the vehicle at least for 5 years or more otherwise settle for 2GB memory models instead of 4GB or 6 GB which are very expensive.

Now, I have to take a decision - may be planning to visit them again tomorrow to discuss further..

Thread Starter #2

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Further to my yesterday's message, visited the accessory shop some time back and shortlisted two brands asunder:

Motorjoy MJT532-9A (Octa core processer - 2/32GB - Rs.25000/-

Crosslink Wheels - 2/32GB - Rs.28,000 and 4/64GB -Rs.34,000/-

Rates all inclusive (frame, camera, fitting charges etc.).

They are ready to install the unit tomorrow and need the car for around 10 hours to complete the installation.

Last minute confusion - which one to go for - Motrojoy or Crosslink wheels?

Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Finally, installed Crosslink Wheel 2/32GB and fitted all 4 doors with the Blaupunkt door damping material.

Will give an installation review with some photographs later today.

Thread Starter #4

Nairrk

Honoured Member
360 degree camera installation on my Tata Tigor AMT

Android Unit details:

c1.jpg

Brand: Crosslink Wheels
Memory: 2GB RAM + 32GB ROM
Processor: Octa-Core
Resolution: 1280 X 720
Wireless Android Auto / Car play
DSP: Genuine 32 Bands
Bluetooth : 5.0
Screen: Curved touch screen (OLED)
Center & SW Control
4K Video playback
External Microphone
360 Deg Security Camera with Sony AHD Lens included in the Box.
Android V.10
4X52 W MOSFET
HPF, LPF Time Alighment
MRP: Rs.31,999 (actual paid Rs.26,900)
Month & Year of Import : October 2023

Extra item purchased : Hiworld Canbus - Rs.3000/- (including Harness set)

Door Damping material brand: Blaupunkt - Rs.850 per sheet for 2mm thickness.

c13.jpg

Took the car on 22nd November at 9:30 AM and immediately the installer started his job. I have asked him first to complete the damping material fixing which took almost 5 hours. They used 10 sheets for 4 doors inside and outer layer i,e 2.5 sheets per door. Then he started removing the wiring of the old stereo system (Blaupunkt Long Beach 970) and both front and reverse cameras.

c5.jpg

The wiring for the front and reverse camera was little easier since the old wiring was already available and he has to route the cable through that path. Did not remove the old GPS and external microphone which were installed earlier. The guy told me that these two things need not to change and it will work with any unit. (And finally it worked).

c3.jpg

By 7:30 PM he almost finished the new android set and all four camera installations. So tired, he suggested that calibration and other setting can be done the next day.

c4.jpg

Next day again reached there at 10AM (luckily the shop is just 5 minutes drive from my home). They carried out common setting adjustments and then took the car to an open ground for calibration. They tried almost two hours but could not succeed in calibrating the cameras. Took the vehicle to some other location but no luck.

I came back home for lunch and gone back again at 4:30Pm, but they were not able to calibrate and instead they were busy in completing/double checking all other fixings. Seems they checked with someone and got the news that the calibration sheet which they were using was not good for Crosslink Wheels set up hence a new sheet is expected in a couple of days when the calibration will be done again.

c7.jpg

c6.jpg

c8.jpg

c9.jpg

c10.jpg

c12.jpg

To be continued with more pictures and videos...

Thread Starter #7

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Since 360 Deg camera calibration work was not successful in the first attempt, took the car today and carried out the work. It needed a good amount of patience to do this job and after about 2.5 hours, the work was almost completed. Herewith some pictures to explain the procedure. (sorry for the poor picture quality as the shots were taken during heavy sunshine and the car was parked in the open ground / under the sun))

cali1.jpg

Calibration mat at the rear side

cali2.jpg

Caiibration mat at the front side

cali3.jpg

Installer working on the settings - trying to calibrate all 4 cameras in line

cali4.jpg

cali5.jpg

cali6.jpg

Almost completed the calibration and the screen shown as ''Calibration success''

cali12.jpg

cali7.jpg

cali8.jpg

3D view

cali9.jpg

cali10.jpg

Floating screen - can vew the front view of the road or can change sides

cali11.jpg

Wireless Android Auto working fine.​

Still, some setting has to be done which I will try to do or will take the car again to them later.

Thanks

Thread Starter #8

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Calibration process - A short video

(It was not possible to cover the full process as it took almost 2.5 hours to complete the job.)

Thread Starter #9

Nairrk

Honoured Member
My new Android head unit (Crosslink Wheels) is working fine though some settings are still pending or confusing which I have written to customer care, Crosslink wheels (very slow in responding) for their assistance/help.

I hope some experts here can help me to solve the problems?

1- Recording: I purchased a new pen drive 64GB and connected to the USB cable but nothing happening. I am confused how to set it up.

2- Wireless Android Auto is connecting promptly but same time the Wifi connection gets disconnected which means I cannot use other apps like google or play store etc. I cannot figure out why this is happening!

Can anyone help me out?

Thread Starter #10

Nairrk

Honoured Member
1- Recording: I purchased a new pen drive 64GB and connected to the USB cable but nothing happening. I am confused how to set it up.

2- Wireless Android Auto is connecting promptly but same time the Wifi connection gets disconnected which means I cannot use other apps like google or play store etc. I cannot figure out why this is happening!
My post above, I spoke to the Crosslink wheels technical team and the guy guided me how to activate recording which now working fine.

As far as Wifi gets disconnected while Wireless Android auto is ON, What the guy said was, When you use android auto wireless then the system works opposite. (Wifi disconnected). If we want to Connect Wifi to download any apps, etc., then the only way is to disable 'Bluetooth' function in our phone (Android Auto connectivity will get stopped then).

The above is just for information.

Top Bottom