Skoda Slavia Complimentary SMP Scheme: Deceptive?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Just to provide a heads-up about the ongoing Skoda Slavia Festive Scheme that claims to offer “Complimentary Standard Maintenance Package (4-Years)”:
  • Skoda dealership in Delhi NCR told me that it’s applicable only on the Kodiaq even though there's a banner of this scheme right in the showroom with an image of Slavia and Kushaq.
  • I mailed to Skoda India and they forwarded this request to same dealership. The dealer's response remains unchanged but this time they sent me a screenshot of T&Cs at the bottom of the page.
  • Now, the dealer intends to inform me that this offer is only on select variants. Do note that unlike other statements which are marked with a star (*), free SMP statement is marked with a hashtag (#).
  • Therefore, it’s obvious that only the T&C part which starts with a hashtag is applicable to the “Complimentary Standard Maintenance Package” scheme. All it reads is about the validity of the SMP.
  • I wrote back to Skoda India along with the concerned dealership informing the same. I haven’t received a response yet but after my e-mail they’ve changed the hashtag (#) to a caret (^) in the T&Cs.
I find it extremely deceptive and have requested to escalate this matter to higher-ups. Skoda should understand that playing with consumer sentiments is not clever anymore, but simply stupid instead.

The scheme page on Skoda India’s website clearly states that SMP is available on “Slavia” and is “Complimentary”.

Complimentary Standard Maintenance Package 001 .jpg

Free SMP T&C marked with a hashtag (#) before the e-mail.

Complimentary Standard Maintenance Package 003  .jpg

Free SMP T&C marked with a caret (^) after the e-mail.

Complimentary Standard Maintenance Package 002.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
I had a conversation with a higher-up of the concerned dealership. They showed me an internal document of the available schemes from Skoda. Surprisingly, it clearly mentions free SMP for Kodiaq Sportline but not for the Kushaq & Slavia unlike advertised. I’d like to seek response from Skoda India on the same. The biggest bummer is that Skoda is still blatantly advertising it even as a part of December schemes.

Skoda-Free-SMP .jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

The advertisement mention prices of cheapest model /car and highest offer available on any model. So it should be taken with a pinch of salt. It is to drive customers to showroom.
I recently bought slavia and SMP was not part of offer. Offers keep on changing.
Offers are also stock/dealer specific. So all we need to see that what best value we are getting from the product at a price we feel vfm.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
The advertisement mention prices of cheapest model /car and highest offer available on any model. So it should be taken with a pinch of salt. It is to drive customers to showroom.
That’s correct. Point is why advertise it as “complimentary” when it is not complimentary at all. It looks like unethical advertising.

Do note that they’ve also specifically mentioned “Standard” Maintenance Package which offers the following under Supercare Program:

Skoda-Standard-Maintenance-Pack.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

On a different note, if someone planning to buy this smp, make sure that your minimum running is 15k/year, otherwise better not buy. Those with low running won't have high service cost. I bought 4 year smp for my Polo in 2011 costing 37k. Later i realised that it was not a wise decision. However one must buy the extended warranty for 2 years.

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
Has you SMP issue finally resolved or not?
There’s no acknowledgement to my e-mails on this matter despite tagging compliance@skoda-vw.co.in. They only replied on Twitter asking me to wait but it’s been well-over a week. I’m shocked with such an unprofessional attitude. Probably they’re waiting for the “scheme” to end so that the matter is buried down. However, I’ve filed a complaint on National Consumer Helpline since I haven’t received a response from Skoda despite reminders.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
I had a conversation with a higher-up of the concerned dealership. They showed me an internal document of the available schemes from Skoda. Surprisingly, it clearly mentions free SMP for Kodiaq Sportline but not for the Kushaq & Slavia unlike advertised.
It’s funny that the same dealer is now itself running ads that claim to offer “4-Year Complimentary Maintenance Package” on Slavia. I’m still following up.

Brite-Skoda-Ad-01.jpg

Brite-Skoda-Ad-02.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
See here, a promotional ad came in today's local newspaper:

IMG_20231227_085312.jpg

IMG_20231227_085321.jpg

Here, it says as ''complimentary 4 year Assurance'' (Lowest Mainenance Cost).

And the small print (Skoda terms & conditions list) reads as : ^ lowest maintenance cost is calculated as per 4 year Maintenance Package. Skoda Maintenance Package - 4 year/60,000km. 4-year periodic maintenance services at an interval of 15000km or 1 year.

//

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
Here, it says as ''complimentary 4 year Assurance'' (Lowest Mainenance Cost).
Probably they’ve revised the new ads. However, screenshots shared in previous message clearly state “Complimentary Maintenance Package”. Skoda India’s website too still reflects the same.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
I’ve filed a complaint on National Consumer Helpline since I haven’t received a response from Skoda despite reminders.
Skoda has closed the case on Consumer Helpline citing that they’ve explained the matter to me. I’ve been in touch at different levels in Skoda in this case. Each of them has informed the same thing that Complimentary SMP is not available with Slavia. However, till date no one is able to answer: Why did Skoda clearly advertise “Complimentary Standard Maintenance Package (4-Years)” on Slavia if it was not available in the first place?

Skoda's response in National Consumer Helpline.

001.png

Skoda dealer's recent response through e-mail.

002.png

My recent response to Skoda through e-mail.

003.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

You shouldn't have given this forum link to them when you complained first. They must be afraid that it will open pandora's box for them. For example I too bought car during same period among many buyers. All those who see this will ask for free SMP.[:D]
But yes it's true that often these ads are deceptive and cause agony to buyers. This is why while booking there must be clear documentation of discounts and freebies on booking paper itself. I ensured that. Later when i heard of other offers and communicated them, they didn't buzz from what they offered. I too had made up my mind and having sold my car did not pursue further.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

350Z

Core Team
They must be afraid that it will open pandora's box for them. For example I too bought car during same period among many buyers. All those who see this will ask for free SMP.
That’s true but it’s still unethical on their part. In fact, if more customers like us unite for their right and pursue this case, Skoda will probably rectify this mistake and think twice before taking customers for a ride in future.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom