Maruti Suzuki Omni Fuse Changing

I recently installed new relay for front headlight in my maruti Omni old model the new relay is 12v 30a
But in my fuse box the headlight fuse is 15a
So is it a problem should I change fuse to 30a or nothing to worry?
Since you have changed the relay for the headlight to 30A, what was the old rating for the relay in the car?

The fuse must be the same as OEM i.e., 15A in your case. Replacing it with a higher current rating shall put the wiring at risk since the 30A fuse will blow late whereas the wiring will not be bale to handle the 30A surge since it was designed keeping 15A in mind.

A fuse in an electrical system is to protect the wiring more rather than the equipment in itself hence never deviate from the ratings as mentioned in the Owner's Manual or Service Manual.

Assuming you haven't changed the original headlights it doesn't matter if the relay is rated at 30 or 15 amps. This is just the maximum "switching current" that the relay can safely handle. The circuit will continue to be protected by the original 15 amp fuse.
If you have changed headlights to higher power and need up to 30 amps, make a direct connection to the battery using suitable sized wire and fit an in-line 30 amp fuse immediately after the battery connection. The switching wire from the headlight switch can remain the same.
Never increase the size of any fuse. The size of fuse is designed to protect wiring and not equipment. Do not fit a higher capacity fuse because the original keeps blowing, find and rectify the fault. When you need more power take a suitably fused supply directly from the battery and fit an appropriate relay.
Regards Neil

Top Bottom