Introduction

Thread Starter #1
Greetings, fellow enthusiasts of life! I am Adarsh Kumar Tiwary, a government servant navigating the labyrinth of a prominent government sector by day and relishing the finer things in life during my off-duty hours.

Gandhinagar, Gujarat, is where my current journey unfolds, surrounded by the vibrant culture and warm hospitality of this western gem. When not immersed in the intricacies of my profession, you'll likely find me pedaling through the scenic by-lanes, fueled by the joy that cycling brings. It's not just a mode of transport; it's a therapeutic escape into the embrace of nature.

My other realms of passion include delving into the captivating worlds within the pages of books and the exhilarating field of cricket, where every match is a story waiting to be written. To add a dash of excitement, my fascination with auto news keeps me abreast of the latest happenings in the world of wheels.

Speaking of wheels, my trusty companion in the asphalt ballet is the Skoda Rapid Ambition 1.6 TDI. Having covered a substantial 165,000 kilometers together, we've shared countless journeys and made memories on the open road. Yet, the heart yearns for more, and my aspiration is set on the sleek and sophisticated Skoda Slavia, a vision of elegance and performance waiting to be parked in my garage.

So, here's to the rhythm of bureaucracy, the thrill of the cricket pitch, the serenity of a cycling route, and the hum of an engine propelling me towards new horizons. May the roads be ever inviting and the stories, both on paper and asphalt, continue to unfold!

350Z

Core Team
Hi Adarsh. Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India. That’s a nice introduction. I’m glad to see another Skoda owner onboard as I recently acquired a Slavia. Do tell us more about your Rapid through an ownership review.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Hello 350Z from the Core Team! Thank you for the warm welcome! It's great to connect with fellow Skoda enthusiasts,
As for my Rapid, it's been an incredible journey. Driving it for 166,540 kilometers has been a blend of joy and nostalgia. I formed a deep connection with my 2012 model, and it became a reliable companion over the years. However, as time went by, a few wear and tear issues started cropping up, deciding to exchange it a bit emotionally.
Just yesterday, I took the plunge and handed over my beloved Rapid to the company for exchange. It was indeed a tough choice, but I believe it's the right step considering the circumstances. I'm eager to embrace the new chapter with my upcoming Slavia, expected to arrive on the 16th of January 2024.
I appreciate the support and space provided by this forum, and I'll share my ownership experience with Slavia once I get my hands on it. Here's to new beginnings and more exciting journeys ahead! Thanks again for the warm welcome, and I look forward to being an active part of The Automotive India community.

350Z

Core Team
Just yesterday, I took the plunge and handed over my beloved Rapid to the company for exchange. It was indeed a tough choice, but I believe it's the right step considering the circumstances. I'm eager to embrace the new chapter with my upcoming Slavia, expected to arrive on the 16th of January 2024.
It’s indeed difficult to bid farewell to our rides with which we, as enthusiasts, become emotionally connected. I’m in the same phase co-incidentally as I’m selling off our Ford Fiesta which has served impeccably for well-over a decade. However, as someone who’s first time owning a car from VAG, it’s reassuring to see a Skoda owner opting for another Skoda. I’ve seen several such examples now including @ashikawa who recently upgraded from a Polo to Slavia. I look forward to a knowledge-rich interaction with fellow VAG owners. What variant you’ve booked? Here's a topic which might help picking some accessories: Škoda Slavia: Accessories & Modifications.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Hello 350Z! It's heartening to connect with others who share the same passion for these remarkable rides. I'm thrilled to announce that I've booked the Ambition Plus 1.0 MT variant after almost a month of negotiations with different dealers and the booking process. The anticipation for the delivery is real!
I'm also in the market for some personalized touches, particularly when it comes to leather seat covers. While I've come across GFX for the floor mats, I'm still on the lookout for the perfect custom leather seat covers. If anyone has any recommendations or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate the guidance. Looking forward to sharing our experiences and knowledge as proud VAG/Skoda owners! ✨ #VAGFamily #SkodaLove

Top Bottom