Hyundai Verna (2014) Engine Assembly Replacement

Thread Starter #1
Last month on 20-12-2023, my engine started heating up. I was only 1.5 km from the Hyundai service centre. So I took the vehicle there stopping on the way intermittently for a few minutes. I was told the engine needs to be replaced. How long does it take for a dealership to get a new engine assembly from the warehouse. Mine is a 2014 Verna.

I am not being given an ETA on when new engine assembly would reach the dealership. How long does it take typically?

Please anybody throw some light.

Just overheating, replace the engine ?
How many kms has this car covered ?
What did they say was the fault that needed a complete new engine ?
Curious, Neil
I think you should get an independent 2nd opinion.

Thread Starter #3
Overheated and so the thermostat valve, radiator, gasket , piston rings etc and pipes connecting these have to be replaced.
How long would it normally take for a new engine assembly if ordered from a hyundai dealer reach the dealership?

Hi,
So they have already carried out a pressure leak test of the cooling system. They have stripped the engine, removed the cylinder head, checked the pistons, valves, rings and bores. Carried out a compression test ?
If they have not done the diagnostics above but still say you need a new Engine !!!
I think you are being "taken for a ride". Get a detailed written report describing the damage and proposed repair work.

GET A SECOND INDEPENDENT REPAIR ESTIMATE BEFORE AGREEING TO ANY WORK

You say that the car was only run a short distance when over heated. If the overheating was caused by a head gasket failure it does not automatically mean that the engine is destroyed. The pistons still get lubricating oil and that will work to at least 300 degrees centigrade.
Other than a head gasket failure the most likely cause is water pump or thermostat failure ( possibly a blocked radiator but unlikely), possibly a burnt inlet valve/seat. If the piston rings had failed you would get a lot of white smoke from the exhaust.
Be cautious, "a fool and their money are easily parted".
Dubious, Neil

Top Bottom