Engine Bed Problem in My ikon

Thread Starter #1
Hi, Serviced my car (ikon) this Monday at Rajshree Ford, Coimbatore. They said the Engine bed is weak and changing it will cost 1600 rupees. I said I will change it next week as I needed the car for new year outing.

So what is Engine Bed ?

What happens if I do some Kms with the weak bed?

What should I look out for when I change it? Thanks

Engine bed is the part of the chassis on which your engine is mounted. I dont know much about engine beds but would recommend to change it immediately as a weak engine bed can cause some damage to the car.

U should get it inspected again .. And if the replacement is required then dont delay just get the changes done.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks gyz...but what is it? i checked it in the authorized ford dealer in coimbatore and they only said the engine bed is weak.

i want to know what is it and why it gets weak? how can i prevent it in the future?

Thanks

like i said before,Engine bed is the part of your chassis on which engine sits on. Just below your cars engine,There is a metal floor or engine bed plates which hold your engine.
Its something like this-
engine bed.jpg

Engine Bed where engine is mounted
Its called Engine mount. It can be due to several reasons : Bad suspension , Engine vibrations , heavy revving and car sitting in garage for too long.
I had to change mine when I changed the engine .

Top Bottom