What Are All These Types Of Number Plates?

Thread Starter #1
I have surprising new types of number plates. I never saw them. They seem different. I couldn't find out what are these types and who get to wear them.

IMG_20230820_100633.jpg
IMG_20230820_095732.jpg

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I think these are new car purchases and kind of temporary till the final registration number plate is applied.
Yes, I too feel same. Starting with T which can be 'Temporary'. Normally, what we have seen so far for new registered vehicles are 'TR' (To Register). In some cases we have seen temporary stickers having letters like ''TC''(Trade certificate - TC plate is usually used for cars in transit. For example, from the dealer's yard to the showroom (or manufacturer to dealer).

Hope somebody can explain in more details?

Thread Starter #4
Typically temporary numbers too follow the regular series with a TR in the middle eg TS 09 XA T/R 0000 pattern. These new patterns don't match anyone as mentioned on the RTO websites. Is it the TR format for BH series?

deville_56

Honoured Member
New temporary registration number format. T followed 4-digit MMYY of date of application, then two-digit state code and unique four digit serial number and lastly an alphabet (yet to find out what they denote. All the MG Comets I saw had E and a Harrier had D). Assuming I am getting a Comet next month and I am the first one to apply for a TR, my allocation would be like T0923KL0001E.

Assuming I am getting a Comet next month and I am the first one to apply for a TR, my allocation would be like T0923KL0001E.
Thank you for confirming and congratulations in advance for the MG Comet. [:)]

Initially, I thought 'E' would be Electric and 'D' could be Diesel but that logic fails as the GLS pictured above has an 'E' in the last.

Any idea from when was this format implementation begun in India?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thank you for confirming and congratulations in advance for the MG Comet. [:)]

Initially, I thought 'E' would be Electric and 'D' could be Diesel but that logic fails as the GLS pictured above has an 'E' in the last.

Any idea from when was this format implementation begun in India?
Comet was just an example [lol]

Started seeing such plates for last 2-3 months in Kerala. Most commonly seen were the MGs, so came the example. Almost, all of them had temporary number on them.

Comet was just an example
:tongue:

Started seeing such plates for last 2-3 months in Kerala. Most commonly seen were the MGs, so came the example. Almost, all of them had temporary number on them.
We bought a Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.2L ZXi+ last month and that didn't get this kind of TR number hence I asked when was the implementation begun.

Top Bottom