SensAiry - TPMS Review

Thread Starter #1
A Tyre Pressure Monitoring System generally referred to as 'TPMS' is a critical piece of equipment that must be installed in all cars irrespective of the budget they belong to as it has a direct relation with the safety of the occupants and other road users. I have been in love with this technology since 2015 or so when I bought one from AliExpress for my earlier car i.e., Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi. It was mainly an external type sensor that was mounted on the valve. It was good initially but lost the device due to my mistake so couldn't get to know the long-term reliability. Fast forward to 2017, when I changed my car from Swift to Creta, I decided to get a 'proper' TPMS for the car as I plan to hold the car longer than any other cars that have been in the garage. Browsing the internet, I came across an Indian manufacturer based out of Bangalore where they have launched an 'App-based' TPMS system with different options available as per the budget of the customer.

"How reliable the TPMS was?", "How accurate was the TPMS?" etc. I was not sure about the answers to these questions but I took the plunge and got myself the TPMS set in March 2018.

The option that I considered was - a 5-sensor set (which includes the monitoring of the spare wheel too). Generally, the spare wheel is neglected and one gets nasty surprises when there is an encounter with a puncture or the need arises when there is a flat requiring a swap with the spare wheel.

The Packaging
2. Package.jpg

TPMS - Specifications
3. Spec.jpg

5-sensor pack
4. Sensors and Valve stems.jpg

Valve and valve stem
5. Valve stem, valve cover and screw.jpg

Whole sensor unit assembled (illustration purpose)
6. Sensor mounted on valve stem (illustration purpose).jpg

PS: I have no commercial affiliation with the manufacturer. I have just shared my opinion so anyone who is looking for a reliable TPMS can go with the same.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
INSTALLATION IMAGES

Alloy wheel - Tyre removed for installation
1. Tyre removed.jpg

OE tyre valve to be cut to make way for the TPMS sensor stem
2. OE air stem valve to cut seat.jpg

New stem fit
3. TPMS valve stem in position.jpg

The tool used to fix the stem properly onto the rim position
5. Tool used to pull and fit valve seat in place.jpg

Cloth used to protect the alloy surface when force is exerted
6. Cloth used to prevent damage to alloy.jpg

Sensor fixed
7. Sensor fit and tightened.jpg

Sensor with cap fixed
9. Sensor with cap.jpg

Spare wheel removed for sensor installation
11. Spare wheel.jpg

Balancing step - Important after adding the sensor and before mounting on the axle
13. Balalcing done.jpg

Filling air afterwards
15. Sensor fit and air filled.jpg

All tyres inflated
16. After a drive of 53 kms.jpg

Thread Starter #3
Mini Review

1. Positives:
  • A made-in-India company!!
  • Easy-to-use Application
  • Link to Android Auto
  • Reliable and accurate measurement
  • Immediate alarm when pressure drops below the set point
  • Cloud sync so no issues if the smartphone is lost or changed
  • Option to rotate the sensors when wheel rotation is performed without the need to "remove and swap the sensors" - very thoughtful.
  • Availability of temperature monitoring along with pressures
2. Negatives
  • Nothing that I can think of

It has been 5 years and 1 month since I have this TPMS in my Creta, very happy that it has worked reliably and has accurate readings giving timely notifications whenever the pressure goes 'below' the set limit.

In May 2023, three of the five sensors died i.e., the battery in the sensors is dead hence not receiving any information on the application. As per the manufacturer, the average life is 5 years so I am happy to get the prescribed life out of them.

The odometer when I installed the TPMS on my Creta was around 16,000 kms. When the sensors died, the approximate odometer was around 1,25,000 kms i.e., 1,09,000 kms of running that the sensors have seen before dying which IMHO is excellent and 'paisa vasool' for me.

Optimum air pressure and maintaining the same in the long run helps increase life to a great extent. The reason behind this statement is, that my Creta came shod with Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport (215/60 R17). These ran for 90,000 kms after which I switched to Yokohama Earth 1 (same size).

I attribute the addition of TPMS as one of the major factors in prolonging the life of the tyres along with my defensive style of driving that I could extract so much mileage from these tyres. The Yokohama Earth 1's have travelled almost 37,000 kms and have a lot of life left in them. I do get the wheel alignment, balancing and rotation done every 5,000 kms at the MRF tyre store.

Looking at all these positive points and hardly any negatives so far, I decided to get the same for the new car at home that was purchased last month - Maruti Suzuki WagonR ZXi+ 1.2L AGS.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Installation done in the WagonR too

Packaging - Updated
1. Packaging - Front.jpg

The Specifications
2. Packaging - Rear.jpg

Application Launch Screen
3. Home screen.jpg

'Car' added to the list
4. Car added to the list.jpg

Sensors mapped to the respective wheels
5. Sensors mapped.jpg

WIP - Filling air one by one
6. WIP.jpg

All 5 tyres inflated as per specification. (Maruti recommends 36psi at the front and 32psi at the rear). I kept 40psi for the spare wheel.
7. All tyres filled up.jpg

Different setting options available - Clicking on 'interchange tyres' will bring up the setup to change the sensor positions according to the wheel rotation step performed. Simple as that!
8. Settings available.jpg

Sensor settings - Front wheel
9. Front tyres settings.jpg

Sensor settings - Rear wheel
10. Rear tyres settings.jpg

Odometer at the time of TPMS installation
11. Odometer at the time of install.jpg

Forgot to click the picture of the sensors and sensor mounted on the alloys. Will see if I get a chance in future and will share how it is mounted.

PS: This is the updated hardware as compared to what I have in my Creta. I mean both the application has gone through many changes as well as the sensor design and mounting method too.

Last edited:

Top Bottom