How To Remove Cellophane Tape Marks?

Guys I was late to read this post but there’s a cautionary warning for those who are planning to try removing tape marks by petrol. I gave my car to washing centre and they have tried removing it with petrol. Now the gloss is gone for whichever area they were applied. Someone please suggest how can I get my paint job repaired

deville_56

Honoured Member
Guys I was late to read this post but there’s a cautionary warning for those who are planning to try removing tape marks by petrol. I gave my car to washing centre and they have tried removing it with petrol. Now the gloss is gone for whichever area they were applied. Someone please suggest how can I get my paint job repaired
Petrol is never recommended over painted surface. If paint has not shrunken or peeled off, try some rubbing compound and wax to bring back the gloss. I'd recommend 3M Perfect-It for a quick application.

I understand your concern about removing the black marks left by the selefon tape without harming your car's paint.

One method that has worked for me is using rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol. Dab a small amount of alcohol on a soft cloth and gently rub the affected area. This should help remove the adhesive residue without causing damage to the paint. Another option you could try is using WD-40, but make sure to test it on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure it doesn't have any adverse effects on your car's paint.

As for the color marks left by the ribbon, you could attempt to clean them using a mixture of warm water and washing powder. Dip an old sock into the solution and gently rub the spots. Finish off with a thorough rinse using clean water and consider applying a coat of wax for added protection. I hope these suggestions help you restore your car's appearance.

Best of luck!

Top Bottom