Škoda Slavia: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Let me take the initiative to create this thread specifically for technical queries and solutions related to Škoda Slavia and Volkswagen Virtus, inspired by similar threads on our forum for other cars. To start with the first question: My Slavia’s anti-theft alarm triggered automatically last night. By the time I reached at parking spot, the alarm was deactivated but the indicators continued blinking, which later deactivated as the keyfob came within the car range. Possibility of an intrusion can be ruled out since the car was covered and parked in a safe location. I’d appreciate views of fellow VW-Škoda users as I don’t wish to be involved in a similar situation again.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
It can be due to by detecting unusual vibrations or may be by any animals (cats/dogs) or rats that might have triggered it?

I have read it elsewhere that it is a common problem with Slavia?

Interestingly, I have read this article from way.com

My Slavia’s anti-theft alarm triggered automatically last night.
If there is an option to check, see what settings the car has for the 'shock sensor' or theft alarm sensor.

IF that is set at high, I'll suggest you to change it to 'medium' so it does work and alert you when required.

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
It can be due to by detecting unusual vibrations or may be by any animals (cats/dogs) or rats that might have triggered it?
IF that is set at high, I'll suggest you to change it to 'medium' so it does work and alert you when required.
Sometime back I also observed that the infotainment screen turned on itself with the car locked and engine off. I inquired at the service center and they’ve told that possibly a software update is required. I'll keep posted.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
The software was updated today. Hopefully, it’ll resolve this issue. My car’s front brakes are also occasionally making screeching noise. I’m expecting this concern to take care of itself after the run-in period.

Drive Safe,
350Z

1. It happened with me yesterday. Quite embarrassed. Also it disturbed my sleep.
2. Removed the dongle from car. Deactivated start stop and than switched off the engine. These 2 possible causes I read someplace.
3. Considering removing 1 battery terminal since I will be away for few days.
4 how did you got update? Via OTA or ASC?

Top Bottom