Mahindra Marksman

Thread Starter #1
Came across 2 specimens of the AntiTerrorSquad Special Vehicle called the 'Marksman' waiting to be handed over to the 'Mumbai Police'. Have a few pics that I would like to share, but as of now waiting to get permission from TAI for the same.

Key Features of the Vehicle:-

Fully Armoured (Don't know exact amount of weapon fire that it can take, but hopefully it is sufficient to take care of basic Terror Threats)
Bullet Proof & Run Flat Tyres
Having M-Hawk Engine & Powertrain

Few observations:-
Very Poor Fit & Finish
Rust Stains On Camo Painted Vehicle
Fabrication Crude & found wanting
Very Poor Visibility from driving point of view
Basic Lighting, should have had better Lamps Fitted
Interiors were an 'Oven' as vehicle was parked in open, pity the poor guys travelling in one of these!
Scorpio alloys looking totally out of place

Thread Starter #3
LOL, Testing-Testing-Testing- 123!!!
Here are the pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
the vehicle looks boxy & ugly, but thats how it should be! have you not you seen military spec hummers? it surely looks damage proof. imagine a marksman involved in a shunt with an alto!

i have seen these vehicles but sadly was not allowed to take pictures. the mumbai police garage is just opposite my college & these vehicles are parked there.

from the info i have got, marksman is supplied to the mumbai police by 'Mahindra Defence Systems'. these vehicles are designed to withstand 2 grenade attacks simultaneously under the chassis.

Go through this.

the mumbai police has also received tata trucks but its not developd by tata, but an organisation known as VRDI. these trucks look huge & menancing, the front bumper is as tall as a honda unicorn!

That's a great info Demon!

The vehicles actually looks like a dog to me. Yeah the Scorpio alloys are looking out of place.

I guess, this one should weigh much more than a Scorp. Any changes made to M-Hawk engine?

Thread Starter #7
These 2 were parked at a dealers delivery yard. Actually got quite a lot of info on them but due to security reasons am not able to divulge their capabilities. Same goes for interiors.

I just feel that MDS could have done a much better job with the 'Marksman', especially when you factor in the cost of each one working out to 56 lacs [shock] After all our police & armed forces deserve a much better tool to really make their jobs safer under attacks of those brainless fools called terrorists.

great info Denom, and good to see mahindra part of indian security system as usual.
Raj try to get some pictures if possible of those new TATA trucks you are saying about.

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for the images. It looks too ugly and quite unproportionate. But still hats off to their capabilities. Do you have any snaps of interiors?

Drive Safe!
350Z

Top Bottom