My CUTE Silver Fiat Punto - Ownership Review with Pics

Thread Starter #1
Hi Once again to all,

First of all a Great search for a small car begin in the month of October 2009, first i did like the 'Pocket Rocket' Hyundai Getz CRDI 1.5, unfortunately the production was stopped & did visit all the dealers around Bangalore for any stock availability but i could not get hold of one[lol].

I did not give up my hopes & called the dealers all over Karnataka but every thing failed[frustration]

Then one fine day got a call from Advaith as they have a Dark grey Getz diesel, with in few min i was in their stockyard. Took a look at the car, every thing was fine. Now time for the deal, this is where I lost my HOPES of owning a 'Pocket Rocket'

In 2009 the Getz price was reduced to 4.95lac ex-sh, as there was only one car i can get hold from Advaith, they quoted 50k premium for the car. These is where all the dreams were shattered, my grandfather was not ready to get me the car by paying premium as I had earlier brought my RX135 in 2005 by paying premium of 5k against his wish, then it was only 5k but not now(50K)

Again the search began for a new hatch.......will be continued with Pics

In Quick reply - go to Go Advanced Tab their you will find under Additional Options Click on Managed attachments [clap] Delete the post when you done.

Thread Starter #6
PDI pics!!

Thanks RSM!!![thumbsup]
Here are the pics before delivery. from stockyard when PDI was done.....
Enjoy the pics. more to come......

Thanks for the replies. have already posted pics

Newbie taking time for approval.....[rules]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Fiat-Yamaha Looking cool.[thumbsup]
I didn't knew that it displays Fm Channel on the ODO.
Had seen it only in MERC's.
So nice feature.
Is it 2Din System???

Thread Starter #12
Thats my favourite colour
Yes even it's my Favorite colour. Moreover its maintenance free

Even my RX135 is Light Gold colour.

These light metallic colour do not require frequent polishing or cleaning.....just wipe with a wet cloth & every thing will be BLING......BLING[cry]

Thread Starter #13
LOVE for FIAT

Ok time to update my LOVE for FIAT & my experience getting PUNTO home.

Few years back when i was 15yr old, my Grandfather had FIAT premier(Petrol) when i was in search of some tools for my cycle, I did get hold of an Bajaj key(I named it as Skelton Key) which i found similar to FIAT key. Here the story starts.

Without wasting time i tried it on car door lock, surprisingly it got opened & even started the car.....its time for a Drive. I use to take the car for a ride along with my small cousin and by years past i used to think of owning the same car & modify it according to my taste but when I was out of Bangalore for 4 years for my studies, I came to know that the car was sold & a M800 was brought[frustration].I was very much disappointed with this.......[lol]

This is how i decided that in future i would get a FIAT for my self but the age 22 diverted me towards 2wheeler & fell in love with Yamaha RX135[thumbsup]

Finally after all 5yr of roaming on my RX135, it was time to shift to 4wheels....

First visit to TATA-FIAT dealer, checked Palio but was not satisifed with the interior colour combo & the petrol engine, by this time the fuel price was getting sky high & my daily travel was around 50-60kms, so leaned towards Diesel as i said before loved Pocket Rocket but dreams smashed

Again search began & this time Punto was launched, Me & wify visited Prerana Motors took a test drive......Droooooooooled over the Handling & solid trunk build, we both liked it but again the new launches(Beat/Figo & Polo) confused us.

contd.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom